2006 Jeep Commander Consumer Review: I love my new Jeep

2006 Jeep Commander - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

I love my new Jeep
By JD on

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a fully loaded Limited 4x4 with the 5.7L V8. Total cost just under $39K before taxes. I was looking at an H3 ( its V6 is a joke, otherwise nice) originally and also considered a Tahoe, Armada and Sequoia. Then I drove the Commander and knew that was the one (although being me I still had to go test drive it 2 more times to make sure). Smooth ride, great acceleration, very beautiful styling inside. 1000 miles on it so far and no complaints. Still waiting for snow to use the 4X4.

Hemi engine rocks, beautiful interior with two tone coloring, comfy leather seats, stereo is really impressive, navigation system, quiet smooth ride, skylights.

No room for storage with 3rd row up; the back window opens rather violently straight out at you and I can see someone getting hurt from it if they stand too close, Jeep needs to fix this fast before the lawsuits start flying.