I don't keep cars but, this is a KEEPER!
By takes2tutango on
2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
Have had my 06 Commander now a month, am about to hit 50k miles and think I have finally found a vehicle I will keep for a very long time. After reading many reviews I hope I got one of the good ones as it seems that most either love or hate this vehicle with very little grey area for this SUV. I have had more trouble dealing with the dealership on things promised in the deal than with any other part of this purchase. It is NO wonder that the American car industry continues to be in the tank when they still seem to lack in customer service. Up until now I have owned Japanese and have had far better service. Now onto the Jeep Commander-I LOVE IT! All but the gas mileage. :( Fix the mpg's)
Favorite Features
The list is to long. Turning radius, stereo, dvd system for kids, looks both interior and exterior. It's just one of the nicest vehicles for the price out there. I added a Magna flow exhaust and love the sound even more. Now the Hemi really sounds tough. Will be adding a K&N air kit.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage! Even if they can come up with an aftermarket fix. It would be helpful. It could also use an auxilary jack for an ipod on the stereo.