2006 Jeep Commander Consumer Review: Great SUB

2006 Jeep Commander - Consumer Review

Great SUB
By Chris on

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2006 Commander used in early 2007. It was the 3.7 V6 RWD model with all the option, Nav, Rear Seat DVD, etc. It had very few problems, rarely took it to deal for more than brakes and oil changes. I was in head on crash 7/18/09 and came away with no broken bones. One thing I wish Jeep was and would put into along with all auto makers is knee airbags. I really could have used that as the driver. Left leg can't put any pressure onand have to use crutches for a while, maybe even surgery, now sure yet. Knee airbag really would ahve helped, but car is total and I did pretty much walk away and as soon as I can, I'm planning on buying another Commander.

Love the UConnect. Best I've used. Much better than the Bluetooth in my Lexus. Navigation is better than in my Lexus or BMW. Wish more automakers would use this UConnect and Nav system.

Knee airbags, better quality materials on dash and door trim, upgrade leather used, add diesel engine to Commander line, keep building them past 2009.