Used 2006 Jeep Commander Consumer Reviews - 295 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Wouldn't sell for $1million!
By Gwynda

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have wanted this car for 2 yrs and, two days after buying, rear ended another car. I feel confident in saying that I feel, if we were still driving my tiny cobalt, my daughter and i would have had several injuries. The gas mileage isn't beautiful, but the peace of mind knowing I am in a safe car outweighs this. The interior and exterior design are awesome. Even when this commander plays out on me, I will be shopping for another!

2nd row skylights, heated seats, park assist, radio and speakers are awesome!

gas mileage.

2006-sk.canada
By lungee

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Owned my 2006 since jan 07 changed airbag module/anti-slip module, 4 wheel bearings@65,000 kilometers rear pinion seal, rebuilt rear end 125,000 km, exhaust manifolds gaskets, stereo- cd quit playing, wiring harness for Windows had to be repaired and not just replaced (electrical tape), third row seat needs part and not covered under warranty because it is an option also my heated side mirrors wiring problem not covered under warranty (option) replaced muffler with dynamax little bit louder but nice (wife not too pleased) instrument panel replaced-no lighting up, have 160,000 kilometers on this (majority highway) will be looking to replace Jeep shortly (Tahoe), no help from Chrysler when asking them questions,

aftermarket exhaust, k&n air filter,driving in winters with this unit,

mileage,customer service at Chrysler on my jeep serial # for warranty work, but replacement of my stereo.

Luv my 06 Jeep Commander
By KareBear0972

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I Luv my commander! I have owned jeeps pretty much all my life but this car is Awesome. Fast pick up, nice off roading. Great in snow. Gas is not great (But I'm one of those lead foot people ) but what do you expect in a SUV? :) Only in a Jeep.

4 Years of Total Enjoyment
By Nate20

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Put it this way,the brakes are the originals at 52,000 miles! Never had an alignment either. Normal maintenance based on schedule B (longer intervals) in the owner's manual. Average fuel economy is 16 mpg with a lift and 32 inch tires. I use this vehicle really hard during the summer with camping,towing and 4 wheeling. Drives and rides like new! I would highly recommend if your expectations are not unreasonable.

4.7 V8,Tiptronic Style Tranny, Park Assist, Interior Comfort, Handling On and Off Road, Ruggedly Built

None. No kidding.

Problems
By kENNETH

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the commander in 4/07, in 7/09 my water pump went out at 37,000 miles. Which I had to replace cost me $1100.00, because the Chrysler corporation said it was past the manufacturer warranty of 36,000 miles it would not honor. At 38,000, right front wheel bearing went bad had to replace, $475.00. At 39,000, my sunroof started leaking. Now at 63,000 I have an electrical problem. When it rains and I turn my wipers or lights, they go out. Otherwise the vehicle is fine.