2006 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Top Notch Danny
By Suthern Commander on 07/30/09 11:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Upgraded from our Liberty to the Commander. SUV is secure and handles great for a its size. Leather seats and drivers area are generous and comfortable, kids and seats fits great in the second row, plenty of cargo room. We like that the third row is not a bench but 2 indepedent seats that ultimately allow for multiple cargo configurations. Controls are easy to use, the 5 speed transmission is seamless and efficient. Kids love the command view skylights and we love the moonroof. This vehicle also gets a thumbs up from kerKernel saying that this vehicle provides me with the lifestyle my family deserves.

Daily use turned to rarely used
By jtpc0003 on 07/27/09 12:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good quality product, but fuel economy was very low. Averaged 13-14mpg the first year and a half. Then got a K&N cold air intake installed and now average 15-16mpg. (which isn't too awful for this category of high performance mid-suv) Nice Jeep, but simply drinks too much fuel for the days we live in.

Great SUB
By Chris on 07/25/09 16:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2006 Commander used in early 2007. It was the 3.7 V6 RWD model with all the option, Nav, Rear Seat DVD, etc. It had very few problems, rarely took it to deal for more than brakes and oil changes. I was in head on crash 7/18/09 and came away with no broken bones. One thing I wish Jeep was and would put into along with all auto makers is knee airbags. I really could have used that as the driver. Left leg can't put any pressure onand have to use crutches for a while, maybe even surgery, now sure yet. Knee airbag really would ahve helped, but car is total and I did pretty much walk away and as soon as I can, I'm planning on buying another Commander.

Off-Roader
By Rocky Mtn HMR RSCU on 06/18/09 06:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The commander is an excellent vehicle. Right away I was able to test it on snowy roads and it performed well. I have taken it off-road on a trail that I would never have gone in any other vehicle that I have owned. The problems that I have are with hthe braking system and the engine fan. Certain quality issues are problematic as well, arm rests are bubbling and the chrome trim is letting loose. Vehicle performs well when pressed and is comfortable to drive, very comfortable and a fun vehicle to own.

Very nice IF it would be reliable
By Ammunist on 06/13/09 11:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle under 3 weeks ago, and it's been in the shop 4 times already, and it going back in another few days. I purchased it with 1200 miles on it, for a 3-year old vehicle, that should mean it's in like-new condition. The transmission died the 2nd day I had it, had the PCM and solenoid replaced, the auto-headlights and rain-sensitive wipers don't work, there is a break in the wire in the headliner (getting that fixed in a few days), the passenger window doesn't roll up on it's own, and now the sunroof is leaking. A regular piece of junk.

By Grandma on 06/11/09 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My 17-year old Grandson rolled my Jeep Commander last night and was not hurt. It is totaled because of bent frame but he and friend in it were safe.

Jeep Commander
By tinacole01@comcast.n on 06/03/09 11:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle i feel very safe in it. the only issue is the design to access the 3rd row seating. other then that i love it. I love the power when you need it. If you have to merge onto the freeway or interstate quickly that is never an issue. I will be sad to see that under our new administration in the white house that our safety on the road's will be comprised over the new large lie's about the EPA. So with that said i hope to hold onto my commander for a long time.

issues
By italian girl on 05/13/09 20:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Well lets see I just got this a month ago and I have had it back to the dealer 4 times now I have had the dashlight issues that a lot og ppl have had my windshield whistles too they r replacing that in the morning so we'll see how that goes my tire pressure lights constantly comes on I had other stuff wrong with it too but none of it left me brokedown anywhere but all in all I do love it I have 4 kids so its excellent for my family

My problems
By Shauna on 04/06/09 05:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my jeep for awhile. About a year after I purchased my jeep I started having problems with it. It does stall when driving on the highway and other roads. The dash lights all go off and the meters (speedometer etc) all shut off. My radio shuts off and heat or air. They said it maybe a problem with the wiring. Also my air/heat doesn't shut off. It actually goes on high if its in the off button. I had my starter fixed a few weeks ago, cracked trani hose fixed also. There is a crack in my power steering hose that needs fixed. I only have 88,000 miles, there should not be this many problems. I have also had problems with the automatic windows not rolling up or down. That was fixed.

First Jeep
By cskiwild on 03/24/09 19:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this Jeep to replace our ML 320 and because we where planning to move to NH and there where no MB dealers where we were going to. Bought it right of the lot, wife loved the color and I loved the looks. Had leather,sunroof and sky ports, roof rack trailer hitch 6CD,rear heat/air. loaded. I take care of my vehicle and do the regular maint. I tow a small motorcycle trailer and have just driven to Fl for bike week. I have 54000+ and got 15 mpg pulling trailer. have gotten 22mpgs with out trail on long trips to Ohio. It has performed great. Will most likely getting another if they stay in business and don't drop the model. Cheaper to service than my MB

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.