2006 Jeep Commander SUV Consumer Reviews 5

2006 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Love it
By vsmustang02 on 08/06/09 09:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

So i just bought a 06 Commander used. Its the 3.7L. I love it, except for the gas mileage. My co-worker has the 4.7L and gets better gas mileage. I think part of the reason is because it takes a lot less effort for the V8 to move the vehicle then it does he V6. If i could buy again I would get the V8. Otherwise, I love it

LUUUUV my Commander!
By little texas on 07/30/09 13:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

"Just right" size. Not a teeny, dinky suv and not a 'boat' that minimizes the driving experience. It is nimble and fun while also offering great storage and passenger carrying options. Visibility is really good, I can clearly see the front end and all around the vehicle. The seat adjustments along with the pedal adjustments create a more than comfortable arrangement for my 5 foot nothing size. I admit it is a little high for loading my 2 year old into her carseat in the back, but I love the height when I'm on the open road and feel the trade-off is worth it. I can get 18 mpg on highway, but I have to work at it a little. Wish the MPG was better.

Top Notch Danny
By Suthern Commander on 07/30/09 11:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Upgraded from our Liberty to the Commander. SUV is secure and handles great for a its size. Leather seats and drivers area are generous and comfortable, kids and seats fits great in the second row, plenty of cargo room. We like that the third row is not a bench but 2 indepedent seats that ultimately allow for multiple cargo configurations. Controls are easy to use, the 5 speed transmission is seamless and efficient. Kids love the command view skylights and we love the moonroof. This vehicle also gets a thumbs up from kerKernel saying that this vehicle provides me with the lifestyle my family deserves.

Daily use turned to rarely used
By jtpc0003 on 07/27/09 12:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good quality product, but fuel economy was very low. Averaged 13-14mpg the first year and a half. Then got a K&N cold air intake installed and now average 15-16mpg. (which isn't too awful for this category of high performance mid-suv) Nice Jeep, but simply drinks too much fuel for the days we live in.

Great SUB
By Chris on 07/25/09 16:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2006 Commander used in early 2007. It was the 3.7 V6 RWD model with all the option, Nav, Rear Seat DVD, etc. It had very few problems, rarely took it to deal for more than brakes and oil changes. I was in head on crash 7/18/09 and came away with no broken bones. One thing I wish Jeep was and would put into along with all auto makers is knee airbags. I really could have used that as the driver. Left leg can't put any pressure onand have to use crutches for a while, maybe even surgery, now sure yet. Knee airbag really would ahve helped, but car is total and I did pretty much walk away and as soon as I can, I'm planning on buying another Commander.

Off-Roader
By Rocky Mtn HMR RSCU on 06/18/09 06:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The commander is an excellent vehicle. Right away I was able to test it on snowy roads and it performed well. I have taken it off-road on a trail that I would never have gone in any other vehicle that I have owned. The problems that I have are with hthe braking system and the engine fan. Certain quality issues are problematic as well, arm rests are bubbling and the chrome trim is letting loose. Vehicle performs well when pressed and is comfortable to drive, very comfortable and a fun vehicle to own.

Very nice IF it would be reliable
By Ammunist on 06/13/09 11:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle under 3 weeks ago, and it's been in the shop 4 times already, and it going back in another few days. I purchased it with 1200 miles on it, for a 3-year old vehicle, that should mean it's in like-new condition. The transmission died the 2nd day I had it, had the PCM and solenoid replaced, the auto-headlights and rain-sensitive wipers don't work, there is a break in the wire in the headliner (getting that fixed in a few days), the passenger window doesn't roll up on it's own, and now the sunroof is leaking. A regular piece of junk.

By Grandma on 06/11/09 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My 17-year old Grandson rolled my Jeep Commander last night and was not hurt. It is totaled because of bent frame but he and friend in it were safe.

Jeep Commander
By tinacole01@comcast.n on 06/03/09 11:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle i feel very safe in it. the only issue is the design to access the 3rd row seating. other then that i love it. I love the power when you need it. If you have to merge onto the freeway or interstate quickly that is never an issue. I will be sad to see that under our new administration in the white house that our safety on the road's will be comprised over the new large lie's about the EPA. So with that said i hope to hold onto my commander for a long time.

issues
By italian girl on 05/13/09 20:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Well lets see I just got this a month ago and I have had it back to the dealer 4 times now I have had the dashlight issues that a lot og ppl have had my windshield whistles too they r replacing that in the morning so we'll see how that goes my tire pressure lights constantly comes on I had other stuff wrong with it too but none of it left me brokedown anywhere but all in all I do love it I have 4 kids so its excellent for my family