Used 2006 Jeep Commander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Commander

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Good used jeep
By Hercules97

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my jeep and right away was very impressed with the over all package. Driving and over all comfort is great.

Favorite Features

The over all stands off the jeep

Suggested Improvements

make it when the third row of seats are up where you can see out the back window.

8x jeep, love it!
By chloe50

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My husband and I are on our 8th jeep and I couldn't wait to get the Commander. Trail rated, reliable, large size. I am a total loss adjuster and auto damage adjuster so I work around cars all day long. Wouldn't trade my Jeep for any other SUV. **For 2006-sk.canada...sounds like you got a lemon or someone didn't take care of their vehicle, do some additional research on the vehicle's history and mechanical records from the previous owner if available. The Tahoe has a history of issues ,problems and recalls..do your research.

Favorite Features

design, trail rated..able to take off road,reliable in snow. Excellent sound system and DVD player. (sounds like I'm at the theater)

Suggested Improvements

3rd row seating design to get in and out of the 3rd row

Transmission Problems
By James

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

When I start my 2006 Jeep Commander and put it into drive or reverse and step on the gas its always hit or miss if the car is going to move. The engine will usually rev for a second and then finally go. Once it has starting moving in drive, every time it shifts from first to second there is a loud clicking noise. Took it to the dealership and they told me it has to get worse before they fix it. That doesn't sound right to me.

Wouldn't sell for $1million!
By Gwynda

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have wanted this car for 2 yrs and, two days after buying, rear ended another car. I feel confident in saying that I feel, if we were still driving my tiny cobalt, my daughter and i would have had several injuries. The gas mileage isn't beautiful, but the peace of mind knowing I am in a safe car outweighs this. The interior and exterior design are awesome. Even when this commander plays out on me, I will be shopping for another!

Favorite Features

2nd row skylights, heated seats, park assist, radio and speakers are awesome!

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage.

2006-sk.canada
By lungee

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Owned my 2006 since jan 07 changed airbag module/anti-slip module, 4 wheel bearings@65,000 kilometers rear pinion seal, rebuilt rear end 125,000 km, exhaust manifolds gaskets, stereo- cd quit playing, wiring harness for Windows had to be repaired and not just replaced (electrical tape), third row seat needs part and not covered under warranty because it is an option also my heated side mirrors wiring problem not covered under warranty (option) replaced muffler with dynamax little bit louder but nice (wife not too pleased) instrument panel replaced-no lighting up, have 160,000 kilometers on this (majority highway) will be looking to replace Jeep shortly (Tahoe), no help from Chrysler when asking them questions,

Favorite Features

aftermarket exhaust, k&n air filter,driving in winters with this unit,

Suggested Improvements

mileage,customer service at Chrysler on my jeep serial # for warranty work, but replacement of my stereo.