Used 2006 Jeep Commander SUV Consumer Reviews - 294 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Commander SUV

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Satsified Buyer
By Mrs. Culver

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted the feel of a SUV but something not as large, I traded my Expedition in for the Commander and I am very satisfied with the vehicle.

My favorite features are the heated seats and rear assistance when backing up.

Improvements for me would be buttons on the steering wheel and the windshield wiper and light control switches to also light up when turning on the lights.

ALWAYS A SUV GAL!
By V-6 Jeep Loaded

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at the Commander I wasn't sure if I wanted a vehicle in its first production year, but I have have nothing but wonderful things to say about my Jeep. It is a late 06 Model with 07 options (paint-Red Rock), just a beautiful color. It is fully loaded with leather, heated seats, 3 sunroofs and Sirius radio. It is wonderful. I have had Jeeps before (Grand Jeep model) but I enjoy the Commander even more. The gas mileage is not bad at all considering I used to drive a Tahoe, but it really is not bad I would "HIGHLY" recommend this vehicle. My kids love it too, and it has plenty of room to haul kids to games, yet "Sporty" for Mom...the SUV gal! The price is pretty decent also.

3 sunroofs, leather heated seats, and 3rd row seating. Sirius radio, and it has all kinds of little compartments all over the vehicle for storage of sunglasses, CD's or insurance papers. The rear assist is a GREAT feature. I LOVE THE RED ROCK COLOR (2007 color).

The theater seating is nice, but when the third row seating is up, the headrests are so high it makes it difficult to see out the rear window. But, I guess that is what the rear assist is for.

Good Deal...
By john2551

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a demo 06 Commander for around $19k. I was amazed at all the standard features this car has. To me the Commander drives better than my sister's Tahoe which she paid $12k more. Can't beat the price especially when Jeep is always giving incentives. Only complaint is the 3rd row which takes up to much usable space. Had a problem with the tire monitor going off for no reason, but dealer fixed it.

Park assist, iPod connection, onboard computer does everything - you can even adjust the length of time for the lights to stay on, which doors to unlock with remote etc.

Longer warranty, fold flat 3rd row like the Town and Countrys. Chrysler version of OnStar.

LUV it
By Joe Camo

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Unbelievably fast! Love the Hemi. Well built. Awesome interior. 4x4 will go anywhere. Kids love it. Stadium seating nice feature. Hauls just as much as my Suburban. Sound system, navigation and back up camera are the bomb. If you never owned a Jeep this is the one that you must buy if you need to move the family around (in a hurry - if need be). Did I mention the Hemi! Oh, man...it moves!

Hemi engine. 4x4 capabilities. Seats 7 just fine.

Design a Hemi that drinks only water. Other than that learn to stay off the gas pedal to save fuel.

You get what you pay for
By LD

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for an inexpensive truck to fit my family of 6. I found it in the Jeep Commander. However after having it for 3 months I realized I am spending a fortune in gas. My father's 1974 Cadillac got the same 12 miles per gallon as my 2006 Commander. It's hard to believe that in this day and age Jeep can't produce a 6 cylinder engine that gets better than 12 miles per gallon. In addition, after the whole family gets in it becomes very tight fitting. No more room for any extras. Oh, and if you are going to buy the Commander make sure you have really skinny arms or you won't be able to reach down between the driver seat and the door to adjust your seating. You get what you pay for.

Thank goodness it's a lease, definitely going back after 36 months.

Are you kidding... please improve the gas mileage...PLEASE! If you did that the Jeep moves to the top of the class.