2006 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
No better vehicle
By Duckhunter on 12/17/05 12:10 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had been shopping for a new SUV for over 1 year. I have had a 1997 Jeep Cherokee (and kept it.) I test drove the Yukons, 4Runners, Pathfinders, and even the Grand Cherokee's. I had really wanted to get a Jeep but never had taken to the Grand Cherokees. I think after having a Cherokee for so long most people will agree with me that the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee are just entirely different vehicles. I have been following the developments of the Commander for over a year and when I test drove it, I knew I had found the vehicle I had been waiting for. The upright seating and windshield are much more similar to the Cherokee and it looks pretty darn mean. Can't wait to take it off road.

Pimp My Commander
By Ron T. on 12/17/05 00:31 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Jeep Commander, what can words really say. I've had my rig for about 45 days. I've already racked up 1,800 miles. At 41 I feel like a kid again, just lookin for a reason to go crusin'. I added 20" Chrome Wheels to my truck which really changed the look of the vehicle, but did decrease my gas mileage considerably. Two trips to the shop already; once a faulty warning light advising me to check 4WD system. Also I had to have one of the computerized keys reprogrammed. Upon starting the vehicle it would run for a few seconds and die. A red dot would appear on the dash along with a message "Try Alternate Key." I was told this had something to do with the security system. Overall I really like my truck.

My New Jeep
By Peter on 12/13/05 20:31 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've driven 3 Jeeps now: a Wrangler, a Liberty, and now, the Commander. Without a doubt this is the best of the bunch -- and I loved the Liberty. The room, the ride, the value for money are all exceptional. I recommend the Commander unequivocally to any potential buyer.

Nice ride for a change of style
By tony g on 12/11/05 16:01 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I got tired of all the look alike cars out there, with all the curves and bumps. Now this one stands out and is a better choice for a guy with a family than a minivan. The price is under a Grand Cherokee which is nice. I like the smooth ride and the tight turn radius, I don't like the gas mileage, but this car is bigger and heavier than my last one, the oh so feminine Jeep Liberty. I also like the fact that the third row is there if needed, and that there are lots of standard features like rear sensor and side curtain bags. Makes a lot of difference in terms of safety. I have had it now for a month, and we like it a lot.

Commander 4XHEMI
By Alia on 12/07/05 15:10 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my very first Jeep as well as my very first American made vehicle. I have to say I am a convert and a Jeep lover at this point. I just bought the Commander after test driving every other SUV out there. None of them compared to the Commander when it comes to a luxurious interior, distinctive exterior, and a reasonable price! Jeep has a winner with this one in my book. Not many on the road yet but that should change quickly when consumers get a look at this top of the line SUV!

FUN, FUN, FUN
By Karen Spriggs on 11/29/05 06:30 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My first day of ownership I drove my new Commander from Ann Arbor, MI to Atlanta, GA in all kinds of wet and dry conditions besides mountains and curves ... it handled beautifully. I tend to "seat shop" because of my back/neck and I was COMFORTABLE all 714 miles. When I would pull in for gas I would get lots of looks and questions about the car as people were impressed by its looks. I am 59 years old and a female and I LOVE my driving experiences with my new Commander. I also tend to need hauling space (I traded in an Expedition) and there is plenty of that to meet my needs. I also love the "stadium" seating and the ease of setting up the 3rd row seats. I have had 8 adults in it.

1st Time Jeep Owner
By MGB on 11/27/05 09:20 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking at several other cars with better gas mileage but after I took the Commander for a test drive I was sold! What a smooth ride for such a big vehicle and the look is nothing but impressive. The ground clearance has come in handy several times and the 4.7L engine provides all the power and acceleration that I need. I am HOOKED!

Great SUV
By can on 11/24/05 00:24 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased. Very light to drive and not too bulky. Interior is very simple. Excellent ride and very quiet. I leased 2000 Grand Cherokee and it was time to give it up. Commander is a great alternative.

I love it!
By Jenn on 11/14/05 10:17 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven the Explorer, Blazer, last summer I cruised around in my Jag. Nothing comes close to the way I feel about my new Jeep. I fell for it the first time I saw it! It is a great truck for me because I have an 8 and 9 year old and let me tell you that 3rd row seating comes in handy when nobody is getting along.

Commander Limited
By Chuckdee39 on 11/12/05 21:50 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have been driving nothing but Chevrolet Tahoes for past 10 years. Wife and I decided to downsize to small suv, but could find nothing that we both agreed upon until we saw the Jeep Commander Limited. We both fell in love with the look and the ride. We were also impressed with the quietness. The interior design leaves little to be desired, but miss armrests, and automatic lumbar support. (The limited has pretty much everything else standard, why not these items?). We really haven't had it long enough to find problems, if any. To be fair, am rating the gas mileage after only 2 tanks of gas. Hope for improvement once we get some miles on it. Miss the room of the Tahoe.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.