2006 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Good Value, Solid Construction
By TonyR on 01/15/06 09:25 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent value. Good comfortable interior, surprisingly good handling. Good u-turning radius. Excellent features. V8 4.7L engine superior to V6 (accelerates well without gear jerking). All kinds of space and cargo pockets. Extra jump seats good but not meant for long trips. I am very satisfied with my Commander. Note that if you are concerned over the cost for gas, this vehicle might not be the best choice.

Great All Purpose
By Bud on 01/13/06 19:28 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had a few Lincoln Town Cars and traded my 2003 Lincoln in on a 2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo in June '05. Saw the Commander and I really missed all the toys on the Lincoln. At 6ft 200 lbs also missed the room. Traded the Cherokee with 7000 miles on it for the Commander Limited with all the toys except NAV and entertainment. I'm 64 years old and really enjoy the view.

great suv
By carobsessed1 on 01/12/06 12:00 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I fell in love right after the test drive. The V8 has just the right amount of power. It is comfortable and the turning ratio is better than the vehicle I traded in. It handles great. The use of the navigation and all the other buttons are very uncomplicated. The dvd is great the way it is set up. Easy input for the children to do. The location to insert the disc is at the back of the middle console and my son loves it. The seats are comfortable and easy to take a ride in. If the third row is up it is hard to see out the back window. I love the box look; it is awesome. I got the white with chrome accent and saddle leather. It is hot looking. This is my first Jeep and so far no complaints. Fun to drive.

love the Commander
By Barb on 01/07/06 11:41 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Recently came back from a long trip where we averaged between 20 and 22 mpg. City driving gas mileage comes in around 17 mpg. Certainly gets a lot of admiring glances. The teenage boys love it. It's great that this has that third row for unexpected riders, but there is no storage space when there are 7 people. Over all we love it!

fun ride!
By bryan on 01/05/06 12:24 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at everything. Drove everything, after about 6 months of looking I finally went for the Commander and have no regrets. It is awesome in the snow. The traction control going up and down slick roads works great!

So why the Jeep?
By Carey on 01/03/06 15:43 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The first car I ever owned was a 1980 Pontiac Phoenix and it was nothing but trouble. Unfortunately it would never "rise from the ashes" after it literally caught on fire. Since then I have only owned Japanese cars and the last three cars I've owned were made by Lexus. All great cars! So why am I abandoning my American car boycott and buying a Jeep? First, my wife and I just love the styling. Second, and more importantly, it's a great value. We opted for the 5.7 Hemi with all the trimmings and the sticker was $10,000 less than a similarly equipped Lexus GX470. Throw in the deep discount we got off the sticker and it was a no brainer. Don't forget about the two years of free gas. :)

What a Wonderful Jeep Commander
By Commander Limited on 12/30/05 22:58 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2006 Jeep Commander Limited with a 5.7 liter Hemi engine with every accessory. This SUV is a dream to drive. It has all that you need: comfort, style, with unbelievable driveability. After a long trip of about 600 miles, my wife and I felt relaxed and enjoyed the trip. This SUV is fun to drive and just clings to the road with ease.

HEMI Commander
By thekid on 12/29/05 17:05 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking at Range Rovers before stumbling upon the Commander. For the money this SUV is way better, unless you "need" to be seen in a Range Rover. Mine is fully loaded, I mean everything pretty much. It has really been great as far as comfort and fun to drive. Endless power with the HEMI. Aren't we all a little sick of the predictable styling from other manufacturers?

Best of Them ALL
By t fields on 12/28/05 20:00 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Trade autos every year. Chrysler/Jeep, this is the best. Fun to drive, quiet, handles great. Mileage 17.5 road, 13.5 city. Everyone that's in the market for a SUV needs to test drive and look at the Commander.

I love my new Jeep
By JD on 12/23/05 00:41 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a fully loaded Limited 4x4 with the 5.7L V8. Total cost just under $39K before taxes. I was looking at an H3 ( its V6 is a joke, otherwise nice) originally and also considered a Tahoe, Armada and Sequoia. Then I drove the Commander and knew that was the one (although being me I still had to go test drive it 2 more times to make sure). Smooth ride, great acceleration, very beautiful styling inside. 1000 miles on it so far and no complaints. Still waiting for snow to use the 4X4.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.