2006 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Jeep Commander
By Jim Thompson on 02/16/06 21:30 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The HEMI engine is beautiful. I like the looks and performance and room both inside and outside. Would definitely get another Commander.

command this!
By rickyrick on 02/16/06 03:42 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Wife purchased the base model with fully loaded options (4.7 V-8). Firm ride, excellent turning radius, not your typical "hulking SUV" but does have the hulking power. Boxy type looks (offspring to the Land Rover & Hummer!). Quietest interior of all the other so called competitors we test drove, clean interior lines, skylights give that roomy feeling throughout cabin, leather, great stereo sound ... third row seat? Now thats up for debate! Heated front row seats. So far there are lots of aftermarket parts (cosmetic & engine) available if you want to go that route. Our first SUV and very impressed so far!

Best of All
By Tucson4wheel on 02/13/06 11:37 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Already own a Yukon XL and am a dedicated GMC owner. Needed another but smaller SUV. Looked at everything including H3 and BMW X5. Commander blew me and the competition away. Got fully loaded Commander. Just love it. Fun to drive, great price. Very quick. Extremely comfortable. Quality is very high. Don't waste money on BMW, Lexus, or Cadillac. Commander is better than all of them at at least $10,000 less.

new Commander
By Val on 02/12/06 09:07 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It has such a smooth ride it is difficult to tell how fast you are driving. It has great luxury inside and a rough macho exterior.

Buy A Commander!
By Mr Moose from Maine on 01/31/06 13:43 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

If a Jeep Cherokee and a Chevy Suburban had kids, they would be Commanders. This is one great SUV. I've owned a lot of SUVs since 1988 and the Commander is the best. I live in Maine where snow is measured in feet, not inches.The Quadra Drive II is amazing; I BURIED my Commander's right side in a snow bank on purpose and the Quadra Drive's limited slip differentials locked in and out I came. I tried it with my '96 Cherokee with Select Trac and a Trac Lok rear. I needed the Commander to pull me out. Get the 4.7 V8 and the Off Road Group II if you do any off roading or live in an area with a lot of snow. Buy a Commander! You'll love it!

WOW
By JUMPMAN on 01/30/06 13:28 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Proud owner of a white (exterior), saddle brown (interior), Limited 4x4 Hemi Commander. Bought it yesterday and have no complaints whatsoever. Love the power of the Hemi, ride, options, everything about it. I got it $6800 below invoice, including $2000 rebate.Out the door price: $41,000 and change. Uconnect, saddle brown seats, upgraded tires, rims, gps navigation, VES and forgot which tow group. No haggle and hassle.

Jeep Commander A+!
By Dawne Miller on 01/28/06 13:03 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Cool, fun, and safe - great value and smooth ride! Compared and drove H3, BMW X5, and Jeep. Jeep Commander won - visibility very poor on Hummer 3 and no side air bags; ridiculous price with no features on X5. Jeep is loaded with heated seats, luxury package and tow package, leased with extra miles - can't beat the luxury, safety and price. I love it!

The "IT" Jeep
By canes97 on 01/27/06 21:17 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the way this vehicle drives and the roominess of the interior. The engine is quiet as well as little road noise. Off-road the Commander is just that -- commanding. It is a very capable off-road vehicle and it performed better than I would have expected. Whether the Commander is for work, play or comfort this vehicle has it all and I love it.

I love this SUV
By mark on 01/23/06 12:01 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great SUV that provides the rugged feel that is associated with safety and a comfortable fun ride. We bought this SUV right before Christmas and drove it over 400 miles for holidays with the family. It drove great and I felt safe and comfortable driving it. I would recommend this SUV for any one thinking of buying one.

Good Value, Solid Construction
By TonyR on 01/15/06 09:25 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent value. Good comfortable interior, surprisingly good handling. Good u-turning radius. Excellent features. V8 4.7L engine superior to V6 (accelerates well without gear jerking). All kinds of space and cargo pockets. Extra jump seats good but not meant for long trips. I am very satisfied with my Commander. Note that if you are concerned over the cost for gas, this vehicle might not be the best choice.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.