2006 Jeep Commander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Third Jeep
By sunman168 on 04/04/06 16:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The Jeep Commander is my third Jeep SUV. I started with the boxy Cherokee followed by a Grand Cherokee and now the Commander. The styling of the Commander reminds me of my first Cherokee which is simple yet very retro. The performance has been great, the ride is excellent, and the features inside are very user friendly. I went with the 6 cylinder to help me with the gas mileage and it is just enough power to haul my family around.

Really Impressed
By Michael on 04/02/06 19:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Looked at just about everything else in its class. The Commander just seemed like the best deal at the time. So far I am really impressed with the Hemi. H3 and BMW and Lexus had nowhere near the options that our Limited came with at even a $12K difference. We are truly in love with the versatility and comfort.

I want another one
By HappyOwner on 03/30/06 22:45 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This Jeep is awesome. It drives and handles like a luxury car, and not a truck. I love the stares I get when people watch me drive by. Jeep has truly outdone themselves with this hip new stylish SUV hybrid Jeep. My only concern is the gas mileage or lack thereof. I average 15 mpg back and forth to work, but dang. Did I say this truck is awesome?

Awesome, especially for the money!
By Scott on 03/30/06 10:08 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We just picked up our Jeep on 3/25. The loaded up base V6 is fine, but the Limited creature comforts are nice and it's not that much more money. We shopped vs used LR3's and GX470's - both nice as well. However, when you take into account the 0% financing and that fact you are getting "new styling" that won't be outdated soon, it makes it very affordable vs other competitive used $30-35K SUV's. It looks sharp and it's very comfortable - and quiet! Don't believe dealers who won't discount with the 0%. We got it well below invoice with the 0%. MPG is a drawback, but we really like it overall.

Great
By CBH on 03/29/06 06:10 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best and most fun auto I have ever owned. Mine has all the bells and whistles and had a sticker price of over $44,000. It has the 5.7L engine. I'll probably never own anything else.

Command The Road in Style
By Paiz on 03/27/06 13:25 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After owning two Grand Cherokees, and a Cherokee Classic in the past, the new 2006 Jeep Commander is by far the most exciting to drive, and to look at. Even with sub par fuel economy, the Commander drives and feels like a dream. I strongly recommend getting the Hemi 5.7L V8, as it actually gets better gas mileage than the 4.7L V8 because of the MDS Engine Technology. Strongly recommended!

Watch out for the windshield
By Nestorr on 03/26/06 07:48 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall the Commander is an eye catcher. I love how it drives, but unfortunately the windshield is very weak. I replaced it twice in the past 2 months. Is not a good sign when a "Trail rated" vehicle cant take a hit from small debris. It can sustain direct hits from road hazards as long as its not hit on the edges of the glass. I would like to know how the Hummers windshield performs when it comes to road hazards.

Commander's Awesome Drive
By Kathy on 03/25/06 07:38 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I first saw the Commander on the road. I've had all makes of Jeeps prior. When I test drove it, it took 2 minutes and it had my name on the title. I was shocked at what a different drive it was compared to the Laredo. It's as fun as my Wrangler was with the full comfort of a luxury car.

Hemi
By Ben on 03/21/06 13:07 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Chrysler doesn't give the best customer service once you own the vehicle but so far, the Commander does wonders. It is tough getting in/out of rear since the wheel well blocks doorway. The sun shades in the rear roof could have been designed better. Also, cargo room behind the rear seat does not exist with the rear seats up. Your belongings will fall out if open the rear gate if you don't have a cargo net which is not standard.

Commander Limited Hemi
By Meredith on 03/21/06 12:30 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Jeep Commander Limited is one of the best SUV's I've ever owned. Plenty of room and plenty of power make this vehicle a joy both on and off the road. I don't have anything significant to complain about at this point and the dealership has been very helpful and responsive to my concerns.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.