2006 Jeep Commander Hemi Problem
By pcjeepowner on
2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
Since buying the 2006 Jeep Commander in 2007 I have had to spend major money on repairs. I have had to replace the battery three times already, I have had to rebuild the transmission, and now worst of all I have to replace the whole engine that is going to cost me $6,000. I have around 75,000 miles and this was the most expensive vehicle I have ever purchased and I am so upset and I don't know where to turn.
Favorite Features
I love the look of the interior and the exterior and I love all the bells and whistles. Great stereo system.
Suggested Improvements
Make an engine that will last.
By cynthia619
on 02/21/12 19:48 PM (PST)

I feel your pain!!!!!! My 2006 Jeep Commander has been nothing but problems! Lets see, I have replaced the battery twice, I had to have the sensors replaced because my truck gears would light up and would go into nuetral while driving. The belt fell off one time while driving and I ending up pushing the truck off the road while my kids where in the truck! When it rains it sounds like a water fall inside my truck! I have had my tranmission worked on several times! My warrany expired April 2011 and conveniently my engine goes out and not to forget that my tranmission is leaking AGAIN! I hired a lawyer in October 2011. I had to buy another vechile while still making payments on my Jeep Commander. I had to settle on a payment from Chrysler for $2,000!!! Their first offer was $750.00!!! So, now I have to buy a engine quoted at 3,000 and this is not including labor.... Chrysler said they would not pay anything more since my truck has 82,000 miles on it.

By aquanoligist
on 09/20/12 11:28 AM (PDT)

I have had my 2006 jeep commander 4x4 with a 5.7 hemi since december of 2005.I have had to replace the battery once,the fuel rail the first week,every door panel,except the drivers door,the a/c system,one tire pressure sensor and of course tires and shocks (wear and tear) i am happy with it other then the door panels (very poor design), its my daily driver,also my trailer puller back and forth to georgia a lot-miage 163400 as we speak-getting ready for another trip-derr season-would buy another if still made

By superdank
on 07/09/12 12:03 PM (PDT)

We just put a new block on our 2006 Jeep Commander - 5.7 Hemmi - 98K miles.. Not cheap. Found a good rebuild block for $2200 from Jeep Depo in Burbank, ca + $1,100 for labor and parts. The jeep is super well maintained.. never missed an oil change or tuneup.. I also had major transmission work at 70K and now just replaced the engine. The engine just died.. it did not over hear or anything like that. Poor quality parts. I had a gasket blow thru a piston. How on earth does that happen when your on idle??? So much for buying American... I guess it back to Toyota, Subaru or Honda.