2006 Jeep Commander Consumer Reviews 2

2006 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Choose carefully kids!
By joeshibotnik on 10/24/11 12:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The only difference between new and old Commanders is age and engine h.p. Otherwise, not much changes. It is way overpriced new. Resale value is very poor. It is FULLTIME 4x4. Why? Is it that hard to push a button. Just think of the mpg increase if you could switch to 2WD. 12mpg is lucky in town. 17mpg is pretty standard. Put in E3 spark plugs and K&N air filter (averaged 19.1mpg on a 265 mile trip. Don't plan on hauling around above average height people in the back seat, especially if you are tall. Air cond. will go out. A plate protecting the lines will hold sand and salt causing leaks. If you own a Commander get rid of this plate, replacement of these lines... around $1200.

2006 Jeep Commander Hemi Problem
By pcjeepowner on 10/18/11 19:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Since buying the 2006 Jeep Commander in 2007 I have had to spend major money on repairs. I have had to replace the battery three times already, I have had to rebuild the transmission, and now worst of all I have to replace the whole engine that is going to cost me $6,000. I have around 75,000 miles and this was the most expensive vehicle I have ever purchased and I am so upset and I don't know where to turn.

2006 Jeep Commander
By fireguy750 on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Jeep this year and I'm very happy with it i love the space inside of it and it's great in snow

Not a Jeep!
By joe shibotnik on 08/30/10 19:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

80,000 miles. Dealer serviced or authorized dealer serviced as required per owners manual or dealer recommendation. #1 This vehicle is fun to drive. #2 This vehicle is a Durango in Jeep attire (meaning, this is not a Jeep). #3 Who in their right mind makes a "Jeep" fulltime 4 wheeldrive? Dodge, that's who. #4 Replaced front 2 times (ball joints, tie rod ends and bushings) fulltime 4wheel issue...yes. #5 Eats 60,000 mile tires in 30ish. #6 If this vehicle had 2wheel capabilities it would pull great gas mileage. #7 Leather seats are not leather. #8 Resale poor, so plan on keeping it. My Suburban is worth just as much as our (40K) Commander, its a 1999(148,000 miles). Think hard!

I like it, I love it!
By bigmaninds on 08/15/10 16:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have 100,000 miles on my 2006 and not one single problem. I ask it to do something and without hesitation the Jeep does it. Plenty of room with my camping buddies and all our gear. Very reliable and wouldn't trade it for anything. Her name is "Billy".

Good used jeep
By Hercules97 on 08/01/10 17:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my jeep and right away was very impressed with the over all package. Driving and over all comfort is great.

8x jeep, love it!
By chloe50 on 06/14/10 19:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My husband and I are on our 8th jeep and I couldn't wait to get the Commander. Trail rated, reliable, large size. I am a total loss adjuster and auto damage adjuster so I work around cars all day long. Wouldn't trade my Jeep for any other SUV. **For 2006-sk.canada...sounds like you got a lemon or someone didn't take care of their vehicle, do some additional research on the vehicle's history and mechanical records from the previous owner if available. The Tahoe has a history of issues ,problems and recalls..do your research.

Transmission Problems
By James on 06/03/10 08:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

When I start my 2006 Jeep Commander and put it into drive or reverse and step on the gas its always hit or miss if the car is going to move. The engine will usually rev for a second and then finally go. Once it has starting moving in drive, every time it shifts from first to second there is a loud clicking noise. Took it to the dealership and they told me it has to get worse before they fix it. That doesn't sound right to me.

Wouldn't sell for $1million!
By Gwynda on 05/17/10 09:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have wanted this car for 2 yrs and, two days after buying, rear ended another car. I feel confident in saying that I feel, if we were still driving my tiny cobalt, my daughter and i would have had several injuries. The gas mileage isn't beautiful, but the peace of mind knowing I am in a safe car outweighs this. The interior and exterior design are awesome. Even when this commander plays out on me, I will be shopping for another!

2006-sk.canada
By lungee on 05/16/10 15:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Owned my 2006 since jan 07 changed airbag module/anti-slip module, 4 wheel bearings@65,000 kilometers rear pinion seal, rebuilt rear end 125,000 km, exhaust manifolds gaskets, stereo- cd quit playing, wiring harness for Windows had to be repaired and not just replaced (electrical tape), third row seat needs part and not covered under warranty because it is an option also my heated side mirrors wiring problem not covered under warranty (option) replaced muffler with dynamax little bit louder but nice (wife not too pleased) instrument panel replaced-no lighting up, have 160,000 kilometers on this (majority highway) will be looking to replace Jeep shortly (Tahoe), no help from Chrysler when asking them questions,