2006 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
Not a Jeep!
By joe shibotnik on 08/30/10 19:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

80,000 miles. Dealer serviced or authorized dealer serviced as required per owners manual or dealer recommendation. #1 This vehicle is fun to drive. #2 This vehicle is a Durango in Jeep attire (meaning, this is not a Jeep). #3 Who in their right mind makes a "Jeep" fulltime 4 wheeldrive? Dodge, that's who. #4 Replaced front 2 times (ball joints, tie rod ends and bushings) fulltime 4wheel issue...yes. #5 Eats 60,000 mile tires in 30ish. #6 If this vehicle had 2wheel capabilities it would pull great gas mileage. #7 Leather seats are not leather. #8 Resale poor, so plan on keeping it. My Suburban is worth just as much as our (40K) Commander, its a 1999(148,000 miles). Think hard!

I like it, I love it!
By bigmaninds on 08/15/10 16:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have 100,000 miles on my 2006 and not one single problem. I ask it to do something and without hesitation the Jeep does it. Plenty of room with my camping buddies and all our gear. Very reliable and wouldn't trade it for anything. Her name is "Billy".

Good used jeep
By Hercules97 on 08/01/10 17:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my jeep and right away was very impressed with the over all package. Driving and over all comfort is great.

8x jeep, love it!
By chloe50 on 06/14/10 19:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My husband and I are on our 8th jeep and I couldn't wait to get the Commander. Trail rated, reliable, large size. I am a total loss adjuster and auto damage adjuster so I work around cars all day long. Wouldn't trade my Jeep for any other SUV. **For 2006-sk.canada...sounds like you got a lemon or someone didn't take care of their vehicle, do some additional research on the vehicle's history and mechanical records from the previous owner if available. The Tahoe has a history of issues ,problems and recalls..do your research.

Transmission Problems
By James on 06/03/10 08:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

When I start my 2006 Jeep Commander and put it into drive or reverse and step on the gas its always hit or miss if the car is going to move. The engine will usually rev for a second and then finally go. Once it has starting moving in drive, every time it shifts from first to second there is a loud clicking noise. Took it to the dealership and they told me it has to get worse before they fix it. That doesn't sound right to me.

Wouldn't sell for $1million!
By Gwynda on 05/17/10 09:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have wanted this car for 2 yrs and, two days after buying, rear ended another car. I feel confident in saying that I feel, if we were still driving my tiny cobalt, my daughter and i would have had several injuries. The gas mileage isn't beautiful, but the peace of mind knowing I am in a safe car outweighs this. The interior and exterior design are awesome. Even when this commander plays out on me, I will be shopping for another!

2006-sk.canada
By lungee on 05/16/10 15:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Owned my 2006 since jan 07 changed airbag module/anti-slip module, 4 wheel bearings@65,000 kilometers rear pinion seal, rebuilt rear end 125,000 km, exhaust manifolds gaskets, stereo- cd quit playing, wiring harness for Windows had to be repaired and not just replaced (electrical tape), third row seat needs part and not covered under warranty because it is an option also my heated side mirrors wiring problem not covered under warranty (option) replaced muffler with dynamax little bit louder but nice (wife not too pleased) instrument panel replaced-no lighting up, have 160,000 kilometers on this (majority highway) will be looking to replace Jeep shortly (Tahoe), no help from Chrysler when asking them questions,

Luv my 06 Jeep Commander
By KareBear0972 on 05/14/10 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I Luv my commander! I have owned jeeps pretty much all my life but this car is Awesome. Fast pick up, nice off roading. Great in snow. Gas is not great (But I'm one of those lead foot people ) but what do you expect in a SUV? :) Only in a Jeep.

4 Years of Total Enjoyment
By Nate20 on 04/14/10 15:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Put it this way,the brakes are the originals at 52,000 miles! Never had an alignment either. Normal maintenance based on schedule B (longer intervals) in the owner's manual. Average fuel economy is 16 mpg with a lift and 32 inch tires. I use this vehicle really hard during the summer with camping,towing and 4 wheeling. Drives and rides like new! I would highly recommend if your expectations are not unreasonable.

Problems
By kENNETH on 04/08/10 18:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the commander in 4/07, in 7/09 my water pump went out at 37,000 miles. Which I had to replace cost me $1100.00, because the Chrysler corporation said it was past the manufacturer warranty of 36,000 miles it would not honor. At 38,000, right front wheel bearing went bad had to replace, $475.00. At 39,000, my sunroof started leaking. Now at 63,000 I have an electrical problem. When it rains and I turn my wipers or lights, they go out. Otherwise the vehicle is fine.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.