2006 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:
recalled parts
By puckett1 on 06/14/13 13:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

i bought a used commander... its only 2006.... i have had to pay out 1000 for the software since it is under the cup holder and it gets the software wet..... i feel jeep should pay me back for the design.... my mercedes transmission wiring has shorted out. they said this should be a recall since they order this part alot. which cost me another 1000. i feel you should give me some of the money back since both of these parts have some recalls... i dont have much money single mom and all....

best vehicle I've ever owned
By george on 02/28/10 17:03 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Jeep in 2006 with 26 miles on it and basically have driven it crazy to the tune of 103,000 miles with no engine problems at all. Only negative I'd have to say is the Goodyear tires that came with the vehicle were awful, I replaced them with Fusion XTI and its been great since...keep up the scheduled maint. and it will keep running.

Great SUB
By Chris on 07/25/09 16:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2006 Commander used in early 2007. It was the 3.7 V6 RWD model with all the option, Nav, Rear Seat DVD, etc. It had very few problems, rarely took it to deal for more than brakes and oil changes. I was in head on crash 7/18/09 and came away with no broken bones. One thing I wish Jeep was and would put into along with all auto makers is knee airbags. I really could have used that as the driver. Left leg can't put any pressure onand have to use crutches for a while, maybe even surgery, now sure yet. Knee airbag really would ahve helped, but car is total and I did pretty much walk away and as soon as I can, I'm planning on buying another Commander.

By Grandma on 06/11/09 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My 17-year old Grandson rolled my Jeep Commander last night and was not hurt. It is totaled because of bent frame but he and friend in it were safe.

Down and Out with Jeep
By Raquel on 12/22/08 21:00 PM (PST)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this SUV brand new for our growing family. Within weeks the windshield started whistling during highway driving. Vehicle stalled while driving on the highway and turning corners. Talk about scary ! Dealership replaced windshield to fix the whistle, however they could not figure out the problem with the engine stalling. Reported this issue to NTSB. Stylish however unreliable so I traded it in for a Toyota SUV. Buyer Beware.

Jeep you don't want to buy
By acerjeep on 08/19/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I Bought this Jeep Dec. 12, 2006. I drove it 785 miles and the engine overheated, so I took it to the dealer and they stated it was a small crack in the bypass hose which was leaking. I had an overheat problem again about 2 weeks later. I returned to the dealer, they stated I drove it too hard (which is NOT true). They rebuilt the engine and now I only get 12 miles to the gallon. I went to the dealer to complain they said it was due to the overheat. As for the water coming in after a rain, I am so angry that the Chrysler Company will NOT do anything to remedy this. This SUV is not a good deal at all.

I like it - don't love it
By jeep man on 06/07/08 09:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Overall am pleased and have had no issues other than fuel economy. This week I resigned myself to drive speed limits to see what I can get MPG and actually saw 20.6 mpg.

Hhhhhmmmmmm.
By The P family on 05/13/08 20:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I did buy my Jeep Commander used, I should have looked it up first i bought in 2007 and it had 10,000 miles. Of course the salesman "fibbed" and of course i bought the vehicle. REGRET! since i had bought it in October of 07 it has been in the shop over 25 times! seat belt problems, slow pickup, wind leaks you name it. Though i never have had as bad of problems as the others i still definitely regret this purchase! I will always research a vehicle first from now on. The body style is awesome and i have never been a red fan until i saw the Inferno and red rock reds they are gorgeous, But, When you think Jeep you think dependable, durable and long lasting this jeep is none of the above!

Whistler and no roof
By troy on 04/15/08 18:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the truck almost 2 years. Thank god it is a lease because it is not good and I can't wait to turn it in. The wind noise and whistle sound is annoying. The mpg is a joke. Jeep said 15/21. I am lucky to get 13.5 at all times, highway or city. Today the moonroof blew off of the car on the interstate at 70 mph. I turned to see where it was and it was gone. Lucky it didn't kill someone. Look at everything else. This truck is a lemon.

Great vehicle. Dont buy it for fuel economy
By COMMANDER n CHIEF on 04/09/08 15:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful vehicle with terrible gas mileage 10.9 mpg city 13.5 on a good day for the highway

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.