Used 2006 Jeep Commander Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Commander - Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Commander

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Most Helpful|
recalled parts
By puckett1

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

i bought a used commander... its only 2006.... i have had to pay out 1000 for the software since it is under the cup holder and it gets the software wet..... i feel jeep should pay me back for the design.... my mercedes transmission wiring has shorted out. they said this should be a recall since they order this part alot. which cost me another 1000. i feel you should give me some of the money back since both of these parts have some recalls... i dont have much money single mom and all....

Suggested Improvements

Jeep should pay me back for all the parts that should be recalled.

Great SUB
By Chris

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2006 Commander used in early 2007. It was the 3.7 V6 RWD model with all the option, Nav, Rear Seat DVD, etc. It had very few problems, rarely took it to deal for more than brakes and oil changes. I was in head on crash 7/18/09 and came away with no broken bones. One thing I wish Jeep was and would put into along with all auto makers is knee airbags. I really could have used that as the driver. Left leg can't put any pressure onand have to use crutches for a while, maybe even surgery, now sure yet. Knee airbag really would ahve helped, but car is total and I did pretty much walk away and as soon as I can, I'm planning on buying another Commander.

Favorite Features

Love the UConnect. Best I've used. Much better than the Bluetooth in my Lexus. Navigation is better than in my Lexus or BMW. Wish more automakers would use this UConnect and Nav system.

Suggested Improvements

Knee airbags, better quality materials on dash and door trim, upgrade leather used, add diesel engine to Commander line, keep building them past 2009.

best vehicle I've ever owned
By george

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Jeep in 2006 with 26 miles on it and basically have driven it crazy to the tune of 103,000 miles with no engine problems at all. Only negative I'd have to say is the Goodyear tires that came with the vehicle were awful, I replaced them with Fusion XTI and its been great since...keep up the scheduled maint. and it will keep running.

Favorite Features

engine and reliability

Suggested Improvements

better seat buckles

Down and Out with Jeep
By Raquel

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this SUV brand new for our growing family. Within weeks the windshield started whistling during highway driving. Vehicle stalled while driving on the highway and turning corners. Talk about scary ! Dealership replaced windshield to fix the whistle, however they could not figure out the problem with the engine stalling. Reported this issue to NTSB. Stylish however unreliable so I traded it in for a Toyota SUV. Buyer Beware.

Favorite Features

3 row stadium seating, spacious cabin, heated seats and backup assistance feature.

Suggested Improvements

Engineering, build quality and design. Better customer service resolution by Jeep dealer.

By Grandma

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My 17-year old Grandson rolled my Jeep Commander last night and was not hurt. It is totaled because of bent frame but he and friend in it were safe.

Favorite Features

Safety features, good looks