Used 1991 Jeep Comanche Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Jeep Comanche - Consumer Reviews

1991 Jeep Comanche Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Comanche model:

Best & Most Fun Mid-Sized Truck Ever!
By Comanche Fan

1991 Jeep Comanche Regular Cab Eliminator 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck new after shopping just about all other trucks available - never a regret. It's a blast to drive, handles and rides great and as well has all the juice you could need when you need it. These trucks flat out run. It's climbed rough and rocky terrain with hills so steep my friends wouldn't ride with me even after having gone up and down a number of times. A friend named the steepest slope on his TN mountain "Comanche Hill" he and others were so amazed. They thought I was crazy, but I never doubted its ability. While clearing trees it pulled the front-end off the ground and finally tore the bumper brackets in half; it never quit or ran out of power!

Favorite Features

Power, handling, ride and shift on fly are all tops.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little more leg room for tall drivers - but is adequate. Needs heavier bumpers, not designed very strong and can't take much of an impact. Light in the rear for the torque and power of the truck - posi-track and heavier differentials would be a plus. Bigger/better tires help.

Best 4x4 Pickup for the year
By Comanchedude

1991 Jeep Comanche Regular Cab Pioneer 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This Jeep Comanche is a blast to drive on and off road. Off road this truck is almost unstoppable! Great running engine and fantastic off road performance.

Favorite Features

4 speed automatic and floor shifter.

Suggested Improvements

Remove the vacuum front axle engagement with solid axle shaft.

A big #1 to jeep for this pickup
By comanche_aj

1991 Jeep Comanche Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

i own a 1991 jeep comanche pickup, i bought it stock for $4000 in 1999. I turned 16 in 2002 and upgraded it to a 4wd, with a new transmission and transfer case. I also gave it a 6" lift kit and many off-road accessories including fiberglass fenders and 34" tires. I have always enjoyed this truck and my friends seem to like it too, not only is it fast, but it catches eyes because there are still people who dont know what a comanche is.

Favorite Features

I like the engine. The inline 6- cylinder 4 litre engine puts out as much power as is needed by a small truck, granted that mine isn't small anymore. I also like the small size of the cab, everything i need is right there nest to me and everything i dont doesnt matter.

Suggested Improvements

I broke a radiator hose last winter and didnt know anything was wrong until I was forced to pull over on the side of the highway because my engine was smoking, if the "dummy lights" were replaced with guages, then i wouldn't have been so surprised when it happened.