2016 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Go to another dealer for work
By nurse

2016 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I bought my Jeep Cherokee brand new and within a few days I had a problem of it stalling and turning off completely (not the added feature already on to save gas). Still does it after three trips to the shop and 10 months of frustration. Then it rained hard and the water came dribbling in the sunroof and now I wait because as soon as I used the elctronics to close it it sounded like it went off track...UGH....I should of stayed away...:(

Very nice vehicle
By John M.

2016 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

We have had this 2016 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2-4L fwd for about a month now and have already put 1800 very pleasant miles on it, through a combination of mountain, freeway and city driving. In all conditions it handled very nicely. Going uphill was never an issue. It's power was more than enough to help us up the hills at a nice pace, and it's handling made it unnecessary to use the brakes except on the sharpest turns. On the freeway, there was no trouble merging at the right speed. Acceleration was always just right. Very smooth ride, even at highway speeds, and also very quite. Interior is great.High quality materials made it feel almost luxurious. Very comfortable seating for 5. Plenty of leg and headroom. We really like the front grille and the daylight running lights too. I was really pleasantly surprised and would recommend it to everyone. If you don't need 4wd, the 2.4L is really great, and along with the 9 speed transmission it provides a smooth very quick way to arrive at your destination, relaxed and refreshed, no matter how long the journey.

bad radio
By Radio

2016 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I recently leased a 2016 Jeep Cherokee latitude after having a 2010 Lincoln . wanted something different . I was looking for a lot of extras and was surprised to find most of my wish list with this car. I am happy with how it drives and the extras, but I am writing this because I am so disappointed in the radio. I get a handful of stations and I have asked the service guy to check it , thinking there was something wrong., but was told it was a new radio and there was nothing wrong. I am not sure if anyone is having the same issue. I like listening to the radio not just a few stations. I am thinking on bringing it back because of this . so if you are about to purchase this jeep and you want a good radio , don't buy this jeep .

Stay away
By Tyler

2016 Jeep Cherokee SUV Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I bought my Trailhawk with 12 miles on it. It is now around 4,000 miles and I am experiencing issues. When I turn the car on, it says that 4WD is unavailable and that power steering needs to be serviced. I took it to the dealer and they "fixed" it. Sure enough, two days after the service was completed (reset PCM), the same warning came on.

new 2016 jeep cherokee V6 4x4 owner
By joe shay

2016 Jeep Cherokee SUV Altitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I purchased the 2016 jeep cherokee V6 4x4 altitude package. i did not even test the 4 cylinder as I felt that would be underpowered. so far extremely happy with price performance.