2015 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

2015 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Transmission breakdown
By jhayjhay208 on 03/30/15 20:39 PM (PDT)

2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Bought a new Jeep Cherokee 2015 Ltd FWD putting in 4293 miles.Recalled for the 1st month of owning it for a P56 Recall(Tranny reprogram).2 months after, the engine check light turned-on with only over 1000 miles on it.Brought it back to a dealer to have it check and only restarted the fault and dealer informed me, it should good.On its 4th month owning it, it happened again with transmission temp. going over 258Deg with a 7 error codes according from an OBD II.Brought it to the closes dealer and was told that they had to order a new transmission. Up to now, still waiting for it to get fix.Called the Jeep Co. and ask for a replacement.Jeep cant give me an answer until it is fix.Disappointing!

It's a LEMON - Needs new transmission at 5000 miles
By cttwin on 03/26/15 14:55 PM (PDT)

2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Very disappointing experience! Leased the Jeep Cherokee 2015 without knowing there has been a history of transmission issues. Found that out after the car died on the highway. My Jeep had been skipping gears,running sluggish and hesitating but I never imagined it could be a problem with the transmission. I waited over 3 hours for the Chrysler Road Side Assistance to show up and tow me to the nearest dealer, it took 3 days to get an approved rental while they replace my transmission. My biggest regret is I still have 2 1/2 years on the lease.

Blue tooth Connection/Windshiled availability
By Pat Mullen on 02/24/15 10:20 AM (PST)

2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Bought this Jeep a month ago and I like many things about it... but two problems. First I took a rock in the windshield and glass companies and dealers do not have access to glass... all on backorder. Still driving with broken windshield and not likely to have new glass for weeks. Second, the blue tooth connection works fine with my Galaxy 5 phone for making and receiving calls but can not playback voice mail messages. Messages can not be heard on phone or on speakers... I have to stop the car and turn it off to listen to voice mail messages on my phone.

Uconnect and Jeep
By jeepsucks100 on 01/24/15 16:28 PM (PST)

2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Trailhawk doesn't let you turn off the radio can only is mute it and then you have to turn off the touch screen or else the station info keeps displaying. When start car next time it's all back on. Tech at it worst. Do not buy if you don't like constant distraction!

I love my jeep!
By sandbelle on 01/23/15 09:29 AM (PST)

2015 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

This is my first brand new car....i have always had a chevy, but once i test drove this Jeep- it was mine! im a convert for life! I LOVE my JEEP!

She's one purity ride!
By cherio1 on 01/16/15 19:11 PM (PST)

2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I have had my first Jeep for 2 weeks and she has 601 miles. My combined MPG right now is 23.8. The fit and finish of this car is top notch. I am 5'11" and hubs is 6'4" we are both very comfortable driving and riding in this SUV. I haven't had any issues with the parking break. I do have the 4 cylinder, it does have a bit of "thrust" between 2nd and 3rd gears either at the downshift or up shift. I don't feel this is an issue, this a big car for the engine and transmission. That being said the actual ride itself is awesome! She floats down the road, you don't feel like you're going 75mph! IF the radio is off you do have some modest noise from the wind and road. Features are very nice!

Issues, Issues, Issues
By towsonres on 12/30/14 15:30 PM (PST)

2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I want to start by saying that I love the comfort and styling of this car. I have the 6 cylinder, but that was not in the drop down menu. Jeep may have a serious problem with the Cherokee. Bought my first jeep on a Monday and started to have parking break issues. No fix after three trips back to the dealer to rectify the issue, so the dealer swapped out for another. I drove the new one for 300 miles and had a transmission code, which forced me to limp it back to the dealership. They swapped out the transmission module and they think that this may fix the problem. I sure hope so. I do feel that if you buy a vehicle in excess of $30,000 there should not be trouble the first week.

Beauty with no brains
By aryann on 12/22/14 08:32 AM (PST)

2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR. There are trasnmission problems starting at 1k miles on my 2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited. The car is well built and looks great from exterior and interior. But the mechanics are a failure. My jeep stated hard shifting at 1k miles. I even had a time when I couldn't move the vehicle. I have been to the dealer several times and they haven't been able to solve my issue. Seems that I am not the only one with this issue if you search over the internet for "hard-shifting" issues with Cherokees you will understand. I am very disappointed that I have to take my new car to the dealer every couple of weeks where I get no solution to the problem

Love It!
By mellman on 11/30/14 13:18 PM (PST)

2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I'm a few months into my lease with a 2015 Latitude V6 4WD, and I couldn't be happier with it. It's the smoothest, quietest, and most comfortable car I've ever had. I took it on a 500 mile road trip with 4 adults and a fully packed trunk and averaged 26mpg according to the trip computer. Not bad for a V6 with almost 300hp. I've read mixed reviews about the 9 speed transmission, and I don't know what all the complaints are about. I've had zero issues with mine. I'm really impressed with how quiet and smooth it drives. I feel like a lot of the bad reviews I've read are unwarranted and people just don't know how to drive their car, or they don't understand its features.