2015 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2015 Jeep Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

2015 V6 Trailhawk LEMON!
By myreviewnva

2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Purchased 2015 Jeep Cher Trailhawk (V6), fully loaded. Purchased November 2014, 4,400 miles later on 4/21/15 the check engine light came on. Needed a new transmission. Sat at dealership for 32 DAYS until they finally replaced trans. Picked it up this past Fri, 5/22/15, drove it over weekend. Contacted the Serv Director on Tues 5/26 and told him it still wasn't shifting right. He told me to drive it thru wknd & call him back on Mon 6/1. Yesterday, 5/27, engine just shut down on I-395 just outside of DC in rush hour. Had It towed back to dealer. Total lemon under VA Lemon Law. Dealer & Jeep "Cust Care"--no help. Forced to hire an attorney!' Unbelievable!

Have this car checked Immediately
By mluns

2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Bought a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited in January 2015 in May we drove to Washington DC for a move. While driving the check engine light came on and then wouldn’t go over 35. Imagine driving 35 in DC traffic keeping an eye on the RPMS which was up to 4 RPMs and making sure it did not get hot. Before we started our trip I took it in to take care of the recall on transmission/ air bags. The Dealership in DC told us we needed a new transmission. We picked it up two days later and while driving home in DC traffic I took a left hand turn and the vehicle automatically turned right. It took all my strength and my husband to get the car to a safe place. Power steering connection wire came loose.

DO NOT BUY THIS UNTIL TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS RESOLVED BY CHRYSLER
By jrsice

2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I have had my jeep into the dealership for transmission issues 4 times. The dealer couldn't fix the transmission so they replaced it. The new transmission is not much better and Jeep is unwilling to rectify the situation. I am now forced to file a case with NCDS in an attempt to resolve this matter. Looking at lemon law with a lawyer. The vehicle has less than 3,000 miles on it. This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned in 30+ years.

Don't buy it. Chrysler can't or won't fix it.
By strman

2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Firstly, I have the V6 model Trailhawk. It was a great car for the first 11000 miles but then one day I received an RO1 recall notice for a software reprogramming. Don't do it. This reprogramming disables second gear because they know there is a serious design flaw with the transmission. The recall reprogramming limits the down shifting of the tranny so you end up with a car that is always in the wrong gear and a herky jerky pig to drive. I once rated this car with 5 stars but feel compelled to warn the public now because so far Chrysler appears to be unwilling and very uncaring to restore this vehicle to what I paid for.

Suggested Improvements

Prosecute Chrysler for fraud.

Really good car so far
By tom_4

2015 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Note, my car has V6 Pentastar 4x4. I've now put 500 Km and first impressions are great. Mileage was a spectacular 6.9L per 100Km! I was, however, driving fairly tame and cruising at 105 kph over extended stretches of highway. But for a brand new car, I found this astonishing. Only hiccup so far is touch screen freezing but it corrected with restart of the car. The base back up camera is useless as it makes close objects look very far away. Interior on my Sport model was surprisingly good. Have towing option which provides 4500 lb capacity. Moving from a BMW X1. $500 less on insurance, same mileage with bigger engine but uses regular gas. For straight highway driving, it's as good as the X1.

Favorite Features

Pentastar engine is very nice. Good power and amazingly consumption. Electronics are very well thought out and the ergonomics are good. Love the looks. It has real personality. 4500 class III towing option is a very cool option.

Suggested Improvements

Base rear camera seems completely pointless and unsafe as objects look so much further away than they are. The user manual is confusing. The video user manual only works on computers with a DVD drive. Many computers (like mine), don't have a drive anymore. USB or on-line would be so much better. Voice recognition is still not as robust as I'd like it to be.