2015 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Love my trailhawk...mostly
By Kathy

2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

6cyl by the way but Um.. I love this jeep, for the most part. Seats were fairly comfortable, leather was soft. I had a few issues with the screen, had to be replaced once, bluetooth wouldn't always connect. Ball joint went bad pretty early on though, yet two dealerships said it was fine. Its now in the shop having the knuckle assembly replaced. 4 wheel drive was difficult especially if you wanted differentials. Jeep rode great, not terrible gas mileage. I'm hoping they worked the kinks out now.

Crime it's called a Jeep
By Balloonknot77

2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

It's my fault for purchasing this high priced piece of hot trash. After owning a 1998 Cherokee that gave me ZERO issues and a half million miles (literally) I decided to try another twenty years later. I'm not stupid, I realize nothing will produce what the old fashioned straight six would in terms of dependability and torque, but it's a new era and it's all about mpg and style. I test drove the Wrangler, Grand Cherokee and of course this rolling hemroid before burning my cashier's check away on the Trail Hawk. Ranting about how terrible everything from acceleration to zero torque, to the plastic interior and cramped quarters won't do it any justice. Please just realize that your better off buying a Honda fit and spray painting a 4*4 Badge on it. Their about the same except maybe the fit has more testosterone. I just cannot get over how Daimler murdered this brand name. The other two "jeeps" I test drove had mini van V6 engines in them and also needed a strong wind from the back and a downhill to get up and move. If your thinking of buying a "jeep" after 2003 model year then do what I should have done and burn your money outside the dealership and know it's better than driving out of the lot in your new Fiat with an awd option called jeep. I paid cash for mine and plan on donating it to heritage for the blind or cars for kids in order to regain at least some of my dignity. Rest in peace Jeep.

Do not buy Cherokee. You will regret it.
By John

2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

When I bought this one, it was smooth and relative quiet inside for the first two months. After two months, violent shifting of transmission and trembling of the engine became severe. I went to the Jeep repair shop several times to fix this problem. They always said that this transmission is the worst one ever and there was nothing they could do except S/W update from Jeep. But officially they said that there was no problem with this car. Even when my car stalled on the crossroad two times on the way to children's school, they repeated the same word. It was very risky situation to my family. I really recommend you that you not buy this model. You will regret it.

Jeep what???
By Gwen Shirk

2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Bought 2015 jeep Cherokee 4x4 limited. Had less than 2 wks, won't start, when it does start, transmission out. Was at dealer for 3 wks, two new transmission modules later, got car back for 20 hrs. Has 500 miles on it. Had towed back to dealer...same deal, transmission. Dealer had for another 4 weeks, then stripped down to wire harness. Dealer refusing to back me, towed vehicle home, have an atty, lawsuit filed today against Chrysler. Chrsler refused to respond to first atty complaint so now in civil case, oh and I'm making payments....since April 17th. A. Mazing! How can I review my new car I can't drive?

Transmission SUCKS and alot of JERKING !!!!!!!!!!!
By KRISTI SMITH

2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

The jeep cherokee limited is a great looking Suv , However the 9 speed Transmission Sucks !!! The salespeople will tell you its a smooth ride which is true however if you like to be jerked forward at times going 56 miles an hour i felt like i was going to get whiplash . Immediately called the dealership since my vechicle is only 8 months old and complained about the jerking once again which makes this number 2 for taking it back to the dealership . I was told by my service advisor "It's like your cell phone we have to update the software ". Seriously I have only updated my cell phone once in the last 2 years . I have been reading alot of consumers complaints regarding the transmmission and how the dealerships keep telling consumers that everything is fine , if that was the case then explain to me why there are 190 complaints regarding the transmission on carcomplaints.com/ jeep , and also on Edmunds.com same thing consumers are reporting Transmission problems . If my issue is not taken care of by the dealership I will be taking this to Chrysler. I did not pay 45,000.00 to have a vehicle transmission jerking .