2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: Love this cherokee

2014 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Review

Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 9-speed Automatic)

Love this cherokee
By vlowe945 on

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

my wife & I wasn't fans of the front end design but all it took was a test drive to forget about that! it stickered $31,380 minus the rebate you CAN NOT go wrong it had the features we wanted & nothing we didn't. we traded our loaded challenger rallye sst and it beats that car in comfort and drivability alone! the dealership was 102 miles away we got 31 mpg, storage space is everywhere, the manual passenger seat is comfortable, the upgraded Uconnect 8.4a is user friendly not to mention the electronic dash, the gas gauge :( cant tell if its at 3/4 or 1/4 tank. BUT we've only had it 2 days and 3x's its had trouble starting not for sure why only got 165 miles on it. didn't like NO CD player.

Favorite Features

comfort even when sitting in the back, 8.4a touch screen allows for quick changes to the radio or climate, my fav is the VR controls just about everything from radio station to specific song artiist or title plus climate controls, love the panoramic sun roof. 4wd feature easy to use & within easy reach, the auto design allows 4wd it certain conditions without even knowing it, the small parking brake button tho ??? its about 2" square & only needs to be pulled to activate BUT the best trick of all is the Uconnect free phone app! from my iPhone 4 I locked, unlocked and started my Cherokee!!! this is the last vehicle I will own! LOVE the gas mileage most of all.

Suggested Improvements

coulda made the pass seat electric, the owners manual is also on disc (more info on it) not my favorite the book itself which does need more but is readily in the glove box, DO NOT LIKE that you have to pay for Uconnect features, including 911 and assist, navigation and apps! a lot came standard before now you literally gotta pay for it just to get a tow and you get nickeled and dimed! the sticker said NAV-ready & guess what? neither the salesman nor the dealership said anything about it, you gotta pay for the NAV when we thought it came with it! shame on you JEEP! glad I still got a lifetime of updates on my garmin its about $500 cheaper.