2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: Just finished 3,000 mile road

2014 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Review

Just finished 3,000 mile road trip
By bendbob on

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

We got home yesterday from a road trip taking us a little over 3,000 miles of the western US. Very comfortable, well mannered under all conditions. We even did some mild off roading in Arizona and the car never felt anything but ready for more. In mountain driving it can seem to struggle a bit to find which of the 9 gears it really wants to be in at the moment. economy was what you would expect from highway speeds in the 80s (gotta love Arizona and Utah!) mountain roads and carrying 2 adults, one Spaniel-human and a load of gear. We came home from the trip more sold on the car than ever.

The heated seats were also very useful for relieving back fatigue while driving. All the controls are so easy to read and reach while driving. Quite and comfortable ride.

I'd love a bit more cargo room.
By htan
on 04/16/14 19:29 PM (PDT)

We also recently took a 3000 mile road trip, unlike you we have not seen 9th gear. I have almost 14000 miles on my jeep and they have no answer as to why it does not shift into 9th gear but stays in 8th. I drive mostly highway miles daily (120 miles a day) at 75 mph... Chrysler says .... Must go 80-85 at a slight decline and ease into 9th gear.....hmmmmm... Sounds like a cop out to me.