Used 2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Nice vehicle but no heat on passengers side. Cold feet!
By Letha Barton on 04/11/15 19:57 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I really like my jeep. Deciphers comfortably and good fuel economy. We have gone into the service dept. dodge summit Fredericton NB on two occasions and both times they said their computer was broke and couldn't complete the upgrade. Problem with Bluetooth connection and salt elite radio reception. My biggest compliant is that poor heat on the passengers side. My freeze all the time, but the drivers side is toasty warm. Service Center said there wasn't anything wrong. The vent for the heat is literally 2 inch in diameter.

Worst car I've ever owned
By countryboyrmx on 02/05/15 08:33 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Whats broke on it so far: Cruise Control - Gets going over speed set going downhill. Set to 70mph and seen it go over 86mph. Radio - randomly duplicates mp3 files Radio - randomly freezes and reboots while driving. Engine - 17k miles and started leaking oil Broken fog light switch - shoved into dash. broken at factory Fuel door - freezes shut in winter and need hot water to open it Shifting - loud pops as it goes into gear at times and upshifts on hills and lugs down Shifter - Went to put it into gear and shifter broke

Power Transfer Unit Problems
By NY_Girl on 01/22/15 12:49 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Bought a 2014 Trailhawk at the end of the year. We are now at less than 7000 miles on it and the Power Transfer Unit is toast. Back to the dealership and they expect to have it a week. Prior to this issue, I had no major complaints. Beast in the snow and not bad on gas. The interior makes you feel like you are in a much more expensive vehicle. The heated steering wheel gets a little too warm and wish there was a little more headroom...minor issues until the PTU problems. Dealership said we were not the first ones to have this problem. Little consolation though. Hope Jeep figures it out!

Quite a SUV
By sanio on 12/24/14 19:58 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

As mechanical engineer I have always tested many cars prior to make a personal choice. My last car was an Infinity FX35 with a rate of satisfaction of 90% well over BMW and Mercedes ones. This Cherokee V6 - 4x4 is fully equipped, with a drive as soft as a limo and yet quite reliable in all weather conditions. I recommend nokian wrg3 tires, you will love the silence and control level in all weather conditions. My v6 Cherokee, in spite of an updated transmission program was hanging in 1st and second gear. A "flash" review was quickly completed by the dealer after 800 miles for a perfect result. I love this car, congrats to Fiat and Chrysler ! Choose the V6 over the 4 cylinders.

Excellent Vehicle
By commuter11 on 12/01/14 10:09 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Cherokee Latitude V6 4 x 4 bought early June 2014, currently with 6000 miles on it. This has been a very nice vehicle, keeping my wife happy (replacing a totaled Caravan) with enough space for a reasonable amount of hauling in town. We generally drive it on road trips, also. Don't overlook that this really is a Jeep, a little heavier than otherwise would be the case, but you find the advantages when driving over rough roads, as it just glides along where most cars would be shaking themselves to pieces. MPG is great on the highway, up to 27 mpg, with excellent merging acceleration for on-ramps. Cornering is good, also. The 8.4 inch touch screen is easy to read and works well.

Cherokee Limited V6 4 x 4
By jnlon98uc on 10/07/14 06:15 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Purchased this vehicle in June of 2014, Two months later the front end started to shimmy/wobble when accelerating from a stop or taking a corner from a stop. Took it to the dealer and they confirmed the problem and said they will replace both front axles as recommended by Star Case S1421000022 (not sure what that is). Axles replaced and it still does the same thing. Will return to dealer when the 1000 mile break-in period for the new axles is up. Acceleration from a stop is not very responsive either.

Jeep girl at heart
By niiiinamite on 09/30/14 21:29 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I drove a Jeep Cherokee as a teenager, and after the disappointing performance of my last vehicle, was excited to trade up. It is comfortable, performs well both schlepping me back and forth to work and tooling through the hills. The technology features are a comfort when off the beaten path, and the panoramic roof brings all of the great outdoors in no matter what the season or weather. For once, I am excited about traveling back and forth between Idaho and Montana this winter.

Transmission Issues
By david_h_69 on 09/29/14 10:05 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

In for my second transmission @ 12,000 miles on my new 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6. They have had my car for over a week now and still don't know when they will have a new transmission to install.

Dead within 2 months.
By jm87 on 09/28/14 09:08 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I was very excited to purchase my new Jeep. That changed! I haven't even had my brand new car 3 months and it is already in the shop. It has been in there over a week. It has died on me five times already. The dealership cannot figure out what is wrong. I've heard nothing but good things about Jeep, but I am thinking I should have kept my old car that I had NO problems with. Not a happy customer at all.

VW bug to a jeep
By sk_jo11 on 09/16/14 18:51 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Most amazing car!!! I cannot convey to you how amazing this car is. It is perfect for everything. I use it driving to work and get 28-30 to the gallon on mixed roads with hills. 24-26 In town. And up to 36 on the highway but usually 32 on a trip. Millions of features and you can customize your dash. Tons of room. most comfortable seats since my 1991 chrysler new yorker. I am telling you this is SO worth it. The remote start and heated seats in cold weather is the best. Heated cloth seats was the best invention ever!!! Yes brand new so there will be problems. Not only brand new car but brand new model. My fog light sticks on, but dealer will fix it. I love this car it is the best investment.

1 2 3 4 5 next »