2014 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Excellent Vehicle
By commuter11 on 12/01/14 10:09 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Cherokee Latitude V6 4 x 4 bought early June 2014, currently with 6000 miles on it. This has been a very nice vehicle, keeping my wife happy (replacing a totaled Caravan) with enough space for a reasonable amount of hauling in town. We generally drive it on road trips, also. Don't overlook that this really is a Jeep, a little heavier than otherwise would be the case, but you find the advantages when driving over rough roads, as it just glides along where most cars would be shaking themselves to pieces. MPG is great on the highway, up to 27 mpg, with excellent merging acceleration for on-ramps. Cornering is good, also. The 8.4 inch touch screen is easy to read and works well.

Cherokee Limited V6 4 x 4
By jnlon98uc on 10/07/14 06:15 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Purchased this vehicle in June of 2014, Two months later the front end started to shimmy/wobble when accelerating from a stop or taking a corner from a stop. Took it to the dealer and they confirmed the problem and said they will replace both front axles as recommended by Star Case S1421000022 (not sure what that is). Axles replaced and it still does the same thing. Will return to dealer when the 1000 mile break-in period for the new axles is up. Acceleration from a stop is not very responsive either.

Jeep girl at heart
By niiiinamite on 09/30/14 21:29 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I drove a Jeep Cherokee as a teenager, and after the disappointing performance of my last vehicle, was excited to trade up. It is comfortable, performs well both schlepping me back and forth to work and tooling through the hills. The technology features are a comfort when off the beaten path, and the panoramic roof brings all of the great outdoors in no matter what the season or weather. For once, I am excited about traveling back and forth between Idaho and Montana this winter.

Transmission Issues
By david_h_69 on 09/29/14 10:05 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

In for my second transmission @ 12,000 miles on my new 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude V6. They have had my car for over a week now and still don't know when they will have a new transmission to install.

Dead within 2 months.
By jm87 on 09/28/14 09:08 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I was very excited to purchase my new Jeep. That changed! I haven't even had my brand new car 3 months and it is already in the shop. It has been in there over a week. It has died on me five times already. The dealership cannot figure out what is wrong. I've heard nothing but good things about Jeep, but I am thinking I should have kept my old car that I had NO problems with. Not a happy customer at all.

VW bug to a jeep
By sk_jo11 on 09/16/14 18:51 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Most amazing car!!! I cannot convey to you how amazing this car is. It is perfect for everything. I use it driving to work and get 28-30 to the gallon on mixed roads with hills. 24-26 In town. And up to 36 on the highway but usually 32 on a trip. Millions of features and you can customize your dash. Tons of room. most comfortable seats since my 1991 chrysler new yorker. I am telling you this is SO worth it. The remote start and heated seats in cold weather is the best. Heated cloth seats was the best invention ever!!! Yes brand new so there will be problems. Not only brand new car but brand new model. My fog light sticks on, but dealer will fix it. I love this car it is the best investment.

I normally buy Fords
By modeladriver on 08/24/14 13:41 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

After test driving almost every Ford SUV my back was killing me. This car stopped the pain on the test drive. I have read about the programming problem on the early 2014s. Mine is August 2013 but have had not a bit of trouble. Sometimes the tranny thinks too much when deciding gears but most of the time it is smooth. A pure joy on a long trip and I can drive for hours. The interior is well crafted and the car looks more expensive than it was. I have the six cylinder and get a a hard 32 mpg on the highway with 27 around town. I will achieve 110 mph rather quickly. You never get to the ninth gear. I am glad I bought it.

after 80 days stilll not very happy
By vlowe945 on 08/18/14 23:08 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

bought w/ 2 miles on it, 2nd day wouldn't start, been in the shop 6 times & towed once, transmission malfunctioned the ck engine brake & esc light came on then rolled forward down the driveway in reverse, it said service transmission & needed computer updates. when started it idles high then acts like its gonna die & smooth's out, taking off from stop it shimmy's from side to side. on the interstate with cruise @ 70 mph rpms are 2200 but plus or minus 1 mile the rpms drop to 1850, I resorted to video recording every time I got in it as evidence of trouble, have a active case with Jeep but if there is a issue and it doesn't throw a code its not fixable! but I did get a 6/60k free maint.

Owned many Jeeps...this is the best!
By jeepcrz on 08/18/14 09:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I love my new Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Limited. It is the 6 cylinder engine and has plenty of power. It seemed a little on the expensive side at the time of purchase but now I couldn't be happier. The fit and finish is great. The leather interior looks rich. I have the blue and brown leather. The transmission is very smooth, and although it took some getting used to, I really like the design of the exterior.

Best SUV Ever!!! Very Happy with Purchase!
By mojorisin36 on 08/15/14 17:02 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I did a ton of research on SUV's - Ford, Toyota, Mazda, Acura, Honda etc...and I initially leased the Grand Cherokee as I couldn't decide between the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee. The first night I drove the Grand Cherokee home I hated it. The dealership was awesome and let me switch to the Cherokee Limited V6 w/ Panoramic roof, loaded. It is the best driving, most comfortable car with the best technology I ever had. I am so happy with the purchase and love driving this fun car. Perfect if you have kids yet want to drive in poor conditions yet want to go out at night or drive on the highway. I completely recommend it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.