2014 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2014 Jeep Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Jeep is a joke
By jtk13

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I purchased my 2014 Jeep Cherokee on 04/2014. As soon as I drove it off the lot, the stereo module wouldn't connect to my bluetooth. 2 times in the shop, computer module was replaced. Few months later, the vehicle started "changing gears" while going 70 mph. It literally felt like the vehicle would change to neutral and the tires lock up. It only lasted a few seconds. Took it to the local Jeep dealership they said it was nothing wrong with it. Took it back with the same issue, still nothing wrong with it. Took it to the place I bought it, they fixed the transmission valve (after being in the shop for 3 weeks) I'be been having the vehicle back one month and it still has problems.

Suggested Improvements

Jeep needs to make improvements on this vehicle. It's very dangerous to drive a vehicle like that. Very disappointed... I will NEVER buy another Jeep brand vehicle.

Warning! Stay away!
By murphy45p

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Be aware that car manufacturers pay some reviewers to raise the overall rating of vehicles. I had transmission problems from day one, a new transmission that still had problems at 16k miles after two software updates, engine lights requiring replacement of an air shuttle. All in all, the first 24k miles, a year of owning the vehicle, I was without it for over two weeks. What you're looking for in a new vehicle? Me neither. The transmission defects on this vehicle are well documented and in other reviews as well as mine. Believe them. There are many more reliable vehicles than this one, I'll never buy another Jeep product it's the worst vehicle I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

After stranding me three times I never felt that I could trust this Jeep. My favorite feature was trading it in after a year, I didn't want to find out what would happen after the warranty ran out. Beware, these vehicles do not retain their value, trading them is expensive, but lesson learned.

Suggested Improvements

Um, maybe getting the vehicle to actually RUN? That would be a great improvement.

very happy with my cherokee!
By pthomas06

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

This is the nicest car I've ever owned. Very reliable, comfortable, stable on roads - back roads, dirt roads, and highway. Got me through a lot of snow this past winter - even the husband was impressed with how well it handled in snow and was disappointed he couldn't play and make it slide. It looks good and can go from class to sass in no time. I now have almost 18,000 miles on it in 16 months and am very happy. No car is perfect but this beats all my previous and there have been many.

Favorite Features

style, comfort, stability, reliable. this car has pockets and cubbys everywhere inside for all of your things, loads of leg room in the back seat for passengers -we are a tall family and are impressed by the roominess in this car, plenty of room in back for all sorts of gear. plenty of features right at your fingertips. I have a lot of fun in this car!

Suggested Improvements

maybe some sort of lock feature for the steering wheel buttons as hubby tends to palm the wheel when he makes turns and always turns on the phone by accident

Terrible Transmission!
By lcresap

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Bought new, 6K miles (right now) and I'm on my 3rd transmission!! I was told by Jeep Engineers that they don't know what is wrong with my Jeep so they just keep putting new transmissions in to see if it will be fixed. I don't want this car anymore and I'm tired of it being in the shop more than having it in my driveway. I used to love this car but now I hate it and will never buy another Jeep again.

Favorite Features

Really nice interior. Awesome stereo system and sound. Love the color and all the interior extras. I did by the extra packages so it is very comfy inside.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission issues before you make anymore of these vehicles.

DONT! Just DONT!!!!!!!
By lindze84

2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

First off the transmission went out at 2000 miles leaving me stranded unable to get it even to go into a gear since then it has been NOTHING but hard shiting, after taking it in the 3rd time I gave up bc Chrysler says its fixed, not even close. For 4 months straight the wheel bearings made a horrible sound then turning, after 4 times in the shop it turns out it needed new shocks/struts. More recently the heating, my car has a mind of its own...it either blows hot or cold, there is NO in between. This is the most expensive piece of crap ever made....GARBAGE! 15000 miles and has been in the shop 14 times, YES 14 times! what a joke, I cant wait to place a big bow on it when I win my lawsuit!

Suggested Improvements

Everything