2014 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Cherokee at 4000 miles
By rgoodspeed on 07/03/14 10:01 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

First and foremost I have been a jeep guy for several decades so I do like the product. This is my 8th Jeep and my Trailhawk replaced my beloved 2006 Liberty CRD that was mint at 100,000 I must say! The Cherokee has exceeded my expectations in all ways...the car is fun to drive the V-6 has a ton of power the MPG are over 20 all the times. I have had zero issues over the first 4000 miles, I took it in for the lastest transmission flash but I was not having any issues or problems. The best vehicle in its class for sure, a little on the procey side when you get it loaded up and I do not like the 15.5 gallon gas tank that is filled from the right side. Great vehicle in all aspects.

I HATE JEEP CHRYSLER!!!!
By kmontijo on 06/26/14 19:51 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

WORST, MOST HORRIFIC experience I've ever had! bought a new 2014 jeep Cherokee on 3/25 to have it in service 2x already cuz the engine is grinding &screeching when we accelerate, the trans knocks, & there is a clicking noise coming from behind the dash every time we shift. take the car to be looked at, told there is nothing wrong w/ the car (are you kidding me!?). have the same problems w/ the engine & back again on 5/17, have a tech acknowledge there is a problem w/ the engine, have the car in service for over a month waiting for this factory rep that came on 6/23, test drove the car, & said, "yes, this is normal. This is a new engine & its supposed to do that" (again, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!)

Hello happy mileage!
By dggarcia on 06/20/14 18:09 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I started reading Edmunds.com's reviews a while ago, deciding between Mazda CX-5 & Cherokee, i am happy with my choice, is super comfortable and full of details as they claim, i switched from Jeep Liberty (3.7 V6) to the V4 and mileage is great, granted is that the V4 does not performs nor sounds as my old V6 did but my main concern was gas mileage so to me is a fair trade, tested the VW Tiguan Turbo and seems a more powerful V4 than Cherokee but overall car is no comparison at all. If you are looking for super performance probably the V6 will respond better to that need, design which seemed hideous on pictures quite frankly grows in me easy and love that sets it apart.

I love my Jeep!
By four25 on 06/19/14 09:29 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Aside from the past 5 years I have always had a Jeep in my life. I let go of my Grand Cherokee due to gas mileage, so when this new Cherokee came out I was excited. It has not disappointed! I have the V6 Latitude. The pick up is great, and I'm averaging 29 mpg on the highway and about 24 in the city. I drive in heavy traffic a lot, so that is very good. The 4 cyl car I just got rid of was only getting 20 mpg. It is comfortable, fun to drive, and a beautiful vehicle! My only complaint is the back of it is kind of ugly. I feel like the Jeep logo should be bigger or something. It just looks like something is missing. I didn't like the front end at first, but it's really grown on me.

Love this cherokee
By vlowe945 on 06/01/14 12:50 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

my wife & I wasn't fans of the front end design but all it took was a test drive to forget about that! it stickered $31,380 minus the rebate you CAN NOT go wrong it had the features we wanted & nothing we didn't. we traded our loaded challenger rallye sst and it beats that car in comfort and drivability alone! the dealership was 102 miles away we got 31 mpg, storage space is everywhere, the manual passenger seat is comfortable, the upgraded Uconnect 8.4a is user friendly not to mention the electronic dash, the gas gauge :( cant tell if its at 3/4 or 1/4 tank. BUT we've only had it 2 days and 3x's its had trouble starting not for sure why only got 165 miles on it. didn't like NO CD player.

Apparently no option for a V6 Trailhawk review...
By bodhizuffa on 05/17/14 16:09 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

So this is what I have. I love it so far but only have about 500 miles on it. Like I said, I love it, it drives great, love the uConnect system. Keep that in mind as I will only list my gripes so far here. The A Pillar is very big, so gauging traffic to the left and turning and/or pulling into traffic takes some getting used to. The throttle is really sensitive. Takes some time to get used to it. Also, the steering is very boosted at slow speeds; more weighted otherwise. I prefer a direct and consistent response, but that's my preference. I also wish the tilt/telescoping steering was a little more adjustable. It doesn't go low enough for me. But a great vehicle so far.

I hate this car!
By jenjane11 on 05/17/14 14:51 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I was so excited to get a new Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. I have been a Jeep owner for the past 14 years. I dislike the hard shifting in the lower gears. It has been in the dealer 3 times now with 4000 miles. The first time was due to a clunking noise when shifting - I was told there was nothing wrong. 2nd time for an oil leak. Now it has been in the garage for 2 days due to a transmission fluid leak. It was barely drivable- stuttering at every accererlation in low gears. Ridiculous!

Better than anticipated
By bjhhog on 05/05/14 13:12 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Cherokee Latitude. V6, all the bell and whistles except sunroof. I bought this right before winter, and thank god for that because it was the worst winter of all time. This car had the most confident foul weather ride, and before this I had a tech loaded A4 and a 12' Wrangler. I remember having to ride up a 30% grade for at least 800 feet, and I hardly felt a slip. The car is a beast in the snow. The technology they put into the traction system has to rival some of the best SUV's on the market. Very pleased do far.

basically a nice car but some maddening quirks
By flyingfish3 on 05/04/14 14:51 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

First, I have the Trailhawk with the Pentastar V6--this site won't let me enter that model--not the 4 cylinder. I like the car so far; it drives and handles well, I get up to 30 mpg on the highway (but much less than 20 mpg in the city), the visibility is fine, and the safety features are fine. It seems very capable offroad, but I dislike that you can only choose among different 4WD programs instead of choosing how you want the 4WDto work myself. But it has some weird quirks that are really irritating, and the lack of cargo space--a victim of its exterior design--is a bit bothersome.

Trailhawk 6cyl loaded
By angrybird1 on 04/30/14 05:43 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I traded my Subaru 3.6R wagon after it blew a head gasket after 60,000mi. I decided to try the new Cherokee and I was not disapointed. I can say I've had Chevys, Subarus, Hondas and Nissans and this is the first vehicle I can honestly say I can't find anything I dont' like about it. The performance and comfort are amazing and I love the front to back sunroof. Off road handling is Jeep Trail Rated and does not disapoint. Love my Hawk!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.