2001 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: Will be buried in it....

2001 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Review

Will be buried in it....
By g2001xj on

2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

At 45 I feel very COOL driving it. Was lucky to pick one up in 2009 with only 29K miles on it. It still looks and drives like new at 50K now. In bad weather I volunteer to run to the store as an excuse to drive it. I would really love to buy another one someday but as we know that's not going to happen.

Classic and simple All-American look. This may seem corny but I feel proud to be driving it because of that. When I go to the soccer fields I love parking next to a fancy Bimmer or Range Rover and feel completley comfortable in doing so with my Jeep XJ. It does seem that I will go to at least 250K miles with little to no issue as others have proven.

The gas mileage is not that great at 17 combined but its not too bad. I have had the O2 Sensors go bad as many have had. Do wish it had the rear headrests for safety reasons. I also wish the steering were a bit lighter as it is rather "heavy." Wish Chrysler can bring this back somehow. What a huge mistake it was to stop making this one. I'll only buy another Jeep if they come out with a Diesel Wrangler for the US!! Other than that.....forget it; I'll go buy another brand.