The real thang
By Karpindur on
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
This vehicle is the best I have ever owned. It's a kick to drive, has a classic, handsome style that stands out more as new models of SUVs get weirder and weirder. I wish I had waited for a 4X4, but my wife had to have our gunmetal blue Cherokee. Backseat passengers tend to complain on long trips, but hey, it's not about them is it? We put an awesome sound system in it, and use Mobil One synthetics in the oil, tranny and differential. We change oil every 3,000, and the boy runs like the day we drove it off the lot (now at 102,000). So far, it has been Uber Reliable. This weekend I fixed the problem with the oxidation of the exterior plastic trim. We plan to keep this one forever.
Favorite Features
Everything is tight, from the doors to the steering to the accelerator. It is a kick to drive in any conditions.
Suggested Improvements
If needed, paint your bumper and side plastic trim with Krylon Fusion spray paint. The material is made for plastics, looks awesome, and will make your Cherokee look brand new. Mobil One is the oil of choice in my view. It has done a perfect job preserving our Jeep's power and zip.