New guy REALLY digs his Jeep
By Knucklehedd on
2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this thing while I was home on leave from a deployment. I was only able to drive it for a week and a half while I was home, but, man alive! I drove the ever livin crud out of it. Now all I can do is sit around and daydream when me and my lady are reunited. Externally very understated, internally it's a whole other world. I knew this immediately as I slid over the leather seats and perused the controls. The torque is breathtaking and the overall build and handling of this hunk of metal is much better than I had expected. I would never seek to modify this gem - much, but I've already been toying with hanging parts on another older model.
Favorite Features
Heated seats. I'll never use 'em, but it's cool to say I've got 'em. It just puts emphasis on the fact that I've got ALL the features. The 4.0 6 IL brings a focus to my chi. I'm still overwhelmed by how much vehicle I have. I don't think I've even played with everything yet!
Suggested Improvements
Someone mentioned earlier a forward visibility issue. I'm a taller dude and I often find myself ducking under the rearview during right turns. Negligible trade off for such a fine vehicle. Pogos a bit on the highway, but who cares? Eats up fuel bigtime.