2001 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: Love / Hate Relationship

2001 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Review

Love / Hate Relationship
By Bill F on

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Jeep used w/ 40K miles on it for my kids. 5 years later it has 70K miles. I have spent a fortune replacing parts on this. Both front and rear differentials, ball joints, radiator, water pump,and more. Check engine light is on again. Probably another $250 part needed. It is a solid feeling truck that is fun to drive. The seats need more support. I keep hoping the last repair will be it, and that it is good to go for many more miles and years. I've got too much invested in it now to unload it. Maybe the prior owner abused it and I am paying the price. My luck has been nothing like those of the other reviewers.

Tough go any where do anything truck. Timeless styling.

Engine generates too much heat. Paint on hood cracks as a result. Bring it back into production. Give drivers more shoulder room. Make it more reliable. Needs head restraints in rear bench seat. Give it part time 4X4. It's rough w/ the wheels locked when you hit dry pavement.