2001 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: Great Buy For the Money

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

Great Buy For the Money
By COL Rhino on

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently purchased my used, 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport with 67,300 miles on it. So far, it is exactly what I expected, a solid, 4x4, SUV that is great for daily driving. My other vehicle is a 2005 Cadillac STS that I use if I want to have a luxury sport ride. Although it had passed State Inspection, I immediately had some upgrades installed. I had 5 brand new Firestone Destination A/T tires installed, a catback, Borla exhaust system, a heavy duty Interstate 7 year battery, a full set of 4 KYB heavy duty gas shocks and a new heavy duty steering dampener. Everything else was "good to go" and passed State inspection. I enjoy driving it locally every day. My wife enjoys it also.

I really like the classic, boxy, Jeep exterior design & solid construction. I expect to have to do regular maintenance, but just in case I purchased one of those bumper to bumper, extended warranties also. So far, this is a great used, daily driver for any kind of weather. It is my 2nd Jeep.

Geeez - this was the last year for this design. I just wish they did not discontinue this model since the basic style is timeless. It really would not need too much to bring it up to current fuel mileage standards. What a great ride for the money!!!