2001 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Excellent Jeep.

2001 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Review

2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent Jeep.
By relivnj on

2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've always loved Jeeps. I bought this Jeep from our local Toyota dealership back in 2003. I just couldn't resist this Jeep classic. It's been such a wonderful vehicle to own. Never had any problems with it. The engine is a bit loud, compared to other SUVs. But it's not, really. It's the typical Jeep Cherokee sound. And the torque on this thing is tremendous! I got the Limited model. The interior has a nice, clean layout. The heated leather front seats are excellent during winter. Great sounding stereo. This is our weekend ride. We take it for nice, long leisurely drives, always confident that we can to anywhere and back in our Jeep.

Favorite Features

The torque! And the look is just classic Jeep. It's definitely got character, or "soul", which you don't find in other SUV models these days.

Suggested Improvements

Add better head/neck support in the back bench seat. But, I guess it's too late to ask for improvements, since 2001 was the last year they produced this Cherokee model.