2001 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: A rare right hand drive Cherok

2001 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Review

A rare right hand drive Cherokee
By hot_burrito_1 on

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I found my Cherokee on the side of the road for sale. It is a factory right hand drive. Aside from replacing nearly all of the original parts (previous owners were not proactive in taking care of the vehicle), it is a very durable vehicle. I use this vehicle daily to carry mail and it is stronger than the government owned vehicles. It has twice the power. The only downside to the 4.0 is the poor gas mileage. Overall, this is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. The best I have ever owned was a 1984 Honda Accord.

The 4.0 Liter engine has plenty of power. Gets me through the route quickly and safely. Despite poor gas mileage, it is still my favorite vehicle to drive on a daily basis.

Some way to display the codes for the check engine light. Sometimes it comes on and goes out. Sometimes it comes on and stays on. When it stays on, that means there is a real problem. An onboard code reader for the check engine light would be a nice feature for this vehicle.