2001 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
The Anti - Escalade
By Razerman on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Cherokee is the purest SUV on the road, and is a perfect example of form following function. The Cherokee's simple, clean lines make it a handsome standout amongst the gawdy road yachts of today. It accelerates and corners like a roadster, it can pull like a Mack Truck, and it can go through snow like a ski-doo. What a beautiful thing. No DVD players, no navigation systems, no dual climate zones. There is nothing about a Cherokee that distracts you from it's purpose. This truck is built to be fun as all heck on the road, and rock steady off the road.

Horrible in Wet Weather
By Should'veBought4x4 on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have the 2WD model and it's UNSAFE on any kind of wet pavement - in snow, rain, or even if someon's watering their lawn. If the road is wet, I have to be VERY careful about applying the brakes or making a turn. It's too light in the back and fishtails even at very low speeds. Forget about driving it in any kind of snow/ice. I wish I'd bought the base 4x4 instead of the 2WD Limited, but living in Dallas I didn't think I'd use 4x4. It also has an annoyingly LOUD humming / vibration when idling in cold weather, and it's very noisy on the road.

Jeep still has it!
By Merlin315 on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For one of the lower priced SUV's on the market, the Cherokee still performs. I only hope the Liberty shines as bright as the Cherokee has.

Great vehicle
By stevenwv17 on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I haven't had the vehicle long but it runs like a champ. Great vehicle. I love Chrysler products.

Bye, Bye Jeep...
By 2Mack on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven jeeps for the past 5 years and have been pretty happy overall. If jeep had continued to manufacture the Cherokee Limited I probably would have continued to drive it. However, I did experience a number of recurring issues on both my Cherokee and SE models that proved extremely annoying.

Poor Quality & Customer Service
By Tom D. on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Jeep Cherokee primarily due to the interior and exterior styling and positive reviews on the vehicle. Unfortunately, ongoing mechanical problems have been a nightmare. I will never purchase a Chrysler product again, as the poor quality of the vehicle and the horrible customer service on behalf of Golling Chrysler have proven that quality and customer satisfaction is not important to Chrysler.

jcfromoh's cherokee sport
By JCfromoh on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Dependable vehicle, great pick up and low end torque. Easy to manuver in parking lots and off road. Back seat is only good for small children. My 6'4" son looks sandwiched in. Easily tows my bass boat without problems. I have the basic Sport without any extras. Added a K&N airfilter and jetchip and have increased performance. Also added Jeep brush guard with integrated fog lights. Looks good. Quality has been excellent to date, I have 49,000 miles on the vehicle and to date no problems.

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4DR- Dk Blu
By deagan on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

great car, a little better on gas on the highway, a/c kills acceleration unless gas tank is over 1/2 full, fun to drive, great acceleration w/o a/c on, body moldings on rear bumber aren't the best quality and def. get new floor mats

Awesome Rig!
By JWyatt2 on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This rig is fun to drive with great torque and HP for its light weight. The body is classically styled. It's probably a better 'off roader' than its big brother the Grand Cherokee. Compared to my Ford Explorer it's a much better 'off roader' with 10+ inches of ground clearance; much better acceleration; better engine and tranny.

4x4 Cherokee
By Junebug on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall a great vehicle. 3rd Jeep I've owned. Great Power, good handling, great style.