Used 2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

I love reading the Jeep reviews
By Awesome truck

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV Classic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Four Cherokee's....I'd buy four more. '84 ( black beauty } '93 ( black beauty II } '98 { green hornet )'01 { Brutis ). Brutis pulled a new Kia SUV with a tow package and a 2300 lb sterndrive boat hat was coupled to it out of our lake and up the ramp. And I didn't have to bother with low range! Enough said.

4.0 straight six and the 292 transfer case. If any of my trucks needed service other than regular stuff.....it was my fault , not the trucks.

Bring it back!

My Jeep
By Jeeper01

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my jeep Cherokee Sport 3yrs. ago and never had any problems with so far and it has 140000 mi. on it.It is a great vehicle for off roading to get to my fav. fishin/campin/hunting spots here in PA..fuel economy is getting better with a Gibson Perf. exhaust and a K&N cold air intake and I just added a BBK 62 mm. throttle.There is so many mods. that you can add to this vehicle. that makes it so fun to own. Looks are great for town and off roading to.

Off road capabilities,universal fit of parts.comfy interior.and its sturdy reliability.

Better fuel economy,and disc rear brake would have been nice.

Nothing Like It
By Mike

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

There is nothing like the Jeep Cherokee. I bought my Jeep with ~50,000 miles on it back in 2004. It rides rough, but this rugged vehicle was bult to last. After driving it over 60,000 miles I have had to replace the AC condenser, tires, battery, and brake rotors (my Fault). Nothing else has been replaced. I have hauled almost 1000 lbs of crap in the back of it at one time. I still love Charolette (my Jeep).

The inline six. The engine produces strong torque and responsive horsepower.

Interior seating. The seats are a bit uncomfortable for long rides.

Great Jeep...
By jesghr

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have 175,000 miles on my jeep and nothing is slowing it down. I have had some recent repairs due to wearable items and had some issues with the check engine light. Really...the best vehicle I have ever purchased. I am sure it will last to 200,000 miles and beyond. The back seat could have more room, but it fits my daughters car seat and toys just fine. It is a great off roading vehicle. It has one of the only true SUV off-roading suspensions. I love it.

The suspension system. It can take the abuse of off-roading and still offer a smooth ride during the week.

BRING IT BACK!!!!

Amazing SUV
By yzkurt

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is amazing. I have owned two Jeeps, a 1991 Jeep Wrangler and this one; both with the 4 litre I6. But also, i'm still 16 so there will be plenty more to come. This Jeep does everything. It drives great, looks great, and is super comfortable. The engine is truly bullet proof. I was happily surprised with the amount of power it puts out, great for an suv. This little thing will go anywhere and do anything. Living in the northwest and having these winters are nothing for it. I can haul plenty of people and plenty of gear. My friends and i love it.

Interior comfort, the fact it can do ANYTHING

Take off the side trim pieces. Looks alot better.