2001 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
tank
By goose1215 on 10/28/08 19:31 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm 16 and got this car for my first. It has 137,000 on it an other than flushing all the fluids this thing is a tank and it just cant be stopped. Winter is coming up which should be fun to see how it handles.

One sweet SUV !!
By lakiemom on 06/24/08 13:51 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned and absolutely cherished my Cherokee Limited 4WD. It is the best suv I have owned in my lifetime. It's performance has been top notch. There were two recalls for heat shields that came and went without a hitch. I knew that the jeep tranny was clunky when I bought it. The 4wd engage is also clunky but after 7 years I have gotten used to it. I don't off-road but I have been in some raging winter weather in the New Mexico mountains and it has sailed through like the champ it is. My first set of tires lasted 80,000 miles and I have 27,000 on my second set with no issues to date. The bun warming seats are terrific. Can't beat a Cherokee. Can't imagine why they stopped producing them.

Great Jeep
By drwhkm on 06/19/08 14:38 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this 2001 Cherokee Sport with 82K, and it was a great vehicle to own. Drove great through snow and mud, but also had a smooth highway ride. Engine provided plenty of power, however was also very thirsty. A very well-built, reliable Jeep.

The best vehicle ever built
By FBHSswimmer2006 on 05/24/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Cherokee. I fell in love with it the second that I saw it on the dealership lot. I surf so it's a lot fun to drive, especially on the beach. It can take anything that I throw at it and what I need it to do. It is the best vehicle that I have ever had. I'm gonna keep it until it dies, even with today's gas prices. Chrysler needs to bring this Jeep back and sell it again.

A rare right hand drive Cherokee
By hot_burrito_1 on 05/08/08 20:33 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I found my Cherokee on the side of the road for sale. It is a factory right hand drive. Aside from replacing nearly all of the original parts (previous owners were not proactive in taking care of the vehicle), it is a very durable vehicle. I use this vehicle daily to carry mail and it is stronger than the government owned vehicles. It has twice the power. The only downside to the 4.0 is the poor gas mileage. Overall, this is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. The best I have ever owned was a 1984 Honda Accord.

Watching our Cherokee mature
By Karpindur on 05/04/08 20:20 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

When we bought it, I had the OEM oil changed to Mobil One. Then I had the transmission and differential changed to Mobil One at 25,000 miles. As near as I can remember, it runs just like the day I drove it off the lot, which is a day I have not regretted so far. To date, the only "major" issue I have had was a failure of the crankshaft and camshaft sensors to the tune of $400. The mechanic seems to have taken me some, as the camshaft sensor was obviously broken but the chances of both failing at once are infinitesimal. Otherwise it has been good to us. Strong, quick, and reliable, it inspires confidence in any traffic, weather or road condition, and looks great doing it.

good old jeep
By christine on 04/14/08 10:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Me and my husband got this Jeep after I drove on of his buddy's jeeps. I like his and wanted one. This Jeep has been good to us. Just the normal repairs. We bought it used with 43,000 miles. Good power, goes in snow and mud. I would like to get a brand new one if I could. We have 105,000 miles and it still is going strong.

Stil the best
By chris h. on 03/23/08 10:34 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

bought this in '05 with 40K on it in showroom new shape , added air raid cold air induction & t/b spacer to up horsepower and save gas (when i could keep from gunning it..WOW) always wanted one and when i finally got it just couldn't get enough. Most people don't get the chance to put a daily driver 4wd to the test but I made sure i did and this vehicle took everything from 3 ft snow drifts to 2ft deep flooded areas like a champ. Make sure you keep up the maintenance and you'll be perfect. Oh and you gotta love that Jeep finally changed the liberty for '08 to look like a modern Cherokee, guess they do listen ;o)

Jeeperz
By Jeeperz on 10/27/07 17:39 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Best all around car. Fun on and off road. it's one of three Jeeps we have. I got it with 80K miles and drive it hard. Easy to fix up with many upgrades I can go any where my son goes in his Rubicon

Once you go Jeep, you never go steep.
By jeph23 on 06/29/07 12:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Jeep now for about a year and I've put on about 20k miles on it. Bought it at 71k miles, it's got 91k on it now. I had to replace the radiator and the TPS sensor. Radiator was cracked before I bought it evidently due to all of the stop leak in it when I took it out. Other than that, this thing has been a dream. The family loves it, it's very roomy, reliable, and so comfortable to drive. For not being a full-size vehicle, you feel like you are in command of the road and plus you aren't taken over by the thing either like a full-size. It laughs at any bad weather condition too. I will be keeping this Jeep for a very long time.