Used 2001 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2001 Jeep Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

keep jeep'in
By justin

2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

i drive this hard had little problems only air compressor locked up,but for over the many years had not had to lay a finger on it

straight 6 10/10 strong performer no complaints.

make it more accessible to work on!

Nothing else like it
By Kyle V

2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my XJ almost a year ago. After selling my 88 F250(needed cash) and GMC 2500(horrible truck!). I have put 35,000+ on the truck in under a year I drive about 45 minutes to work everyday. I also take the truck off roading dozens of times a month for hours at a time. It has a 4.5 inch RC lift and handles better off road then my friends vehicles by far a wrangler, bronco and samurai. I've put it through hell and back and never been stuck or had any maintenance issues. I'm 19 years old and I plan to keep it forever. It turns my 31 inch tires with all the added weight from the new heavy duty leaf springs and coil I installed. LOVE IT

Everything!

none but perhaps 4 lock true 4 low. but no worries WARN makes accessories for that

Tires, Battery, Belt, Shocks, Brakes
By Jeeper Since '79

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have 170,000 miles on the Cherokee - it had 32 when I bought it. I am on tire set 5, shocks set 3, belt 3, battery 4, brakes 5. I've replaced the plugs three times, the valve cover gasket once, serviced the differentials twice each. Oil changes every 5 to 7000 miles, (in spite of what is recommended). One radiator. Bulbs and headlights and what-have- you: once or twice. The worst repair was the air, once, $1300, and how bad is that, really? I doubt I've put more than $6000 into it over the many miles, about 1/6 th of which were off-roadish, it has carried me. If your Cherokee hasn't done the same, I don't think you put enough love into it. Jeep owners will understand this.

Like your grandfather's hammer.

Can't think of a thing.

Low Maintnance and durable
By Matt

2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchase my jeep used with 70k miles in 2004. It now has 122k miles and drives and runs no different than the day I bought it. Only maintenance I have done is change oil, change transmission fluid(once), replace rear shocks (once), and a brake job (once). Jeep has plenty of power and will easily do 100mph. It is durable and handles great in the snow. It can go offroad anywhere 98% of people would need / want to go. I wish it were a little quieter on the road and go better gas mileage (but you can't avoid the fact that it is a box on wheels and about as non-aerodynamical as a car could be).

Torque and acceleration of the 4.0L motor. Reliable 4wd system.

Vehicle not made anymore. Does well for a 10 year old SUV.

I love reading the Jeep reviews
By Awesome truck

2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Four Cherokee's....I'd buy four more. '84 ( black beauty } '93 ( black beauty II } '98 { green hornet )'01 { Brutis ). Brutis pulled a new Kia SUV with a tow package and a 2300 lb sterndrive boat hat was coupled to it out of our lake and up the ramp. And I didn't have to bother with low range! Enough said.

4.0 straight six and the 292 transfer case. If any of my trucks needed service other than regular stuff.....it was my fault , not the trucks.

Bring it back!