2001 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Does nothing extremely well, or poorly
By emurray on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Lots of engine noise. Goodyear rubber wore out fast. Have Michelin X Terrain SUV tires, now. Small armrests. Rear door entry is tight for adults. No rear seat headrests!!! Lousy spare and in bad location. Readily accepts tow hitch, fog lamps, after-market sound system. Latest design is much cleaner than late 80's, early 90's. Great little 4WD utility vehicle.

What A Jeep
By raeann32 on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It is a blast to drive!!!

Best Jeep Ever
By Sevilleized on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second car, the other being a Grand Cherokee. When the announced the last of the classic Cherokees, we headed out and bought a fully loaded Limited version to keep long term. This is our third Cherokee and we love this vehicle. It is powerful, fun to drive, rugged good looks, comfortable and it was the most vehicle for the money I have ever seen. It has never let us down and has had not one problem with anything. I have a few issues but overall, this last of the Cherokees was the best of them all. If you don't have to drive the most refined vehicle around, this Jeep's for you.

like the "old-school" styling
By jeeperscreepers on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

To me, this suv just looks like an suv is supposed to: tough. The new Liberty looks too much like the old Rav4's--to rounded, small, and wimpy looking. I've enjoyed my Cherokee, and wish it would have snowed more often last winter. It plows through snow like a knife through butter. I think the V6 has pretty good acceleration, and it cruises at 75-85 mph quite smoothly. For only a V6, the gas mileage seems a bit low...only about 17-18 mpg on average. The inside could use more storage areas. There's not really anyplace to put things besides the armrest cavity and the glovebox.

Great Car
By tinad on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving my Jeep. It accelerates smoothly and feels like a car on the open highway. The handling and performance is very good and the Classic style is very nice.

Its a true jeep
By Neal Greeno on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Go anywhere do anything type rig. Four wheel drive is flawless, Hp and Torque right on the money. This tows my 4500 pound boat with no hesitation. Road noise is only complaint

2001 Cherokee Sport 4x4
By RichWe on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 2dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Every thing I expected.

1500 mile winter road trip
By lamalips on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just completed a ski trip to Banff,Canada from Seattle, Washington. The Jeep is an awesome performer in the deep snow. Very comfortable ride. Great head light system and a very smooth V8 engine and transmission. We just sold our 1994 6cyl Larado which we liked very much ,but what a vast difference between cars. We love this vehicle.

2001 Jeep Cherokee -- and excellent SUV
By thornton on 03/01/02 17:41 PM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

It's classical style combines with top notch performance for an excellent style. Peforms perfectly in any condition, from the interstate to blazing it's own trails across a mountain. The limited includes all the comforts you need for a classy vehicle, but retains all the capabilities that Jeep is renowned for. I'll be a Jeep owner for life!

Cherokee Sport
By C Barr on 02/26/02 12:34 PM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this jeep for a couple of years and I love driving it. It handles great in the rain and snow of Ohio, and feels very safe in adverse conditions. I haven't had any major problems with it yet but my understanding is that it could be a problem later on. The biggest drawback to this vehicle is its overlack of comfort and interior amenities.