2001 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
jeep's rule
By grabo on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

everyone should own one

Jeep Review
By Greggir on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

The basic solid SUV

Not carseat friendly!
By msbuz on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It was great until I had a baby. The rear doors are just not large enough nor open wide enough to comfortably put the baby carrier in and out. Many average sized adults have difficulty getting in & out as well. Especially if the front seats are slid back. Not something I acn deal with. I will be looking for something different, especially when the 2nd child comes along. Don't know how I will fit 2 carseats!

Fun..READ
By Frenchy on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This jeep has good gas comsuption. Performance 0-60 is really good for its weight/power ratio. The factory says 8.7s to 60. I beleive it. But with 35000 miles and no tune up, it will decrease dramatically. I timed it to 60 w/ 35000 miles: about 10.5s. Oh...it goes 115 no problem. After 60mph, the acceleration is so- so. Their is plenty of cargo space in the trunk. read the rest....

My 2001 Jeep Cherokee - A TIME BOMB!
By LKS on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have not had my car 3 years and I just had to replace the engine (3 days after a regular tune-up at the dealership). The car broke down on a highway 130 miles from home. So far I have paid 3K out of pocket for thsi incident. Chrysler paid for parts b/c they know they made a poor quality engine. To top it all off - 1 day after picking my car up from the dealer with the new engine - the car broke down again - and I had to have the radiator replaced. I have always done all of the suggested maintinence on the car and should not have had this trouble.

Buyer BEWARE
By daveandJan on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased new in 2001. Vehicle has been back to dealer five (5) times for brake noise. Roters and Pads replaces at 11000 miles. Dealer said "It's normal for jeep", "Expect brakes and roters every 9 to 12k". Road noise is terrible, have to yell at passenger, there is no head room, and seat travel is minimal. Just traded it with 22K for Honda CR-V. Will never buy Jeep again!!

Why Jeeps should be MORE expensive
By Jeeps rock on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Jeep Cherokee Sport 1998 edition. This Well crafted vehicle should be priced at a more extravagent price i bought my Jeep in 2001 at 19,000 now i cant even get 11,000 for it (not that i am selling)

ALL JEEP!
By jeep4me on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great Jeep! been around for a while... Hate to see the production stop!!!but you can bet twenty years from now these little bad boys will still be runnin around

patriot cherokee
By clay jeep on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have really enjoyed using my jeep for day to day driving as well as takeing trips.

2000 CLASSIC 4X4
By CLASSIC4X4 on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my 2000 Classic 4 X 4 used with 18600 miles. Previously had a 99 Wrangler with 70,000 miles on it and wanted something a little more practical. It now has 24000 miles on it and in that time I have had to replace the front rotors--they came at a hefty price tag--and had the rear window washer pump replaced under warranty. The power is great, fuel economy if driven correctly is impressive, and I like the transmission. Haven't had the opportunity to go through snow, but am looking forward to it!!!