2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Champion
By lhale on 01/20/12 08:27 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV Classic 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

i bought my Jeep in July 2011 with 170k on the dash. The only thing I've done to this car is give it 4 oil changes. I've taken this car from Charleston SC to Winston Salem NC several times and also to and from Brooklyn NY from Charleston with no problems. I bought the car with low oil pressure but this has not slowed this beast down. I'm a heavy driver and this jeep hangs in there with me. One of the bet buys of my life.

Will be buried in it....
By g2001xj on 08/16/11 08:33 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV Classic 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

At 45 I feel very COOL driving it. Was lucky to pick one up in 2009 with only 29K miles on it. It still looks and drives like new at 50K now. In bad weather I volunteer to run to the store as an excuse to drive it. I would really love to buy another one someday but as we know that's not going to happen.

Low Maintnance and durable
By Matt on 01/16/10 16:37 PM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV Classic 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchase my jeep used with 70k miles in 2004. It now has 122k miles and drives and runs no different than the day I bought it. Only maintenance I have done is change oil, change transmission fluid(once), replace rear shocks (once), and a brake job (once). Jeep has plenty of power and will easily do 100mph. It is durable and handles great in the snow. It can go offroad anywhere 98% of people would need / want to go. I wish it were a little quieter on the road and go better gas mileage (but you can't avoid the fact that it is a box on wheels and about as non-aerodynamical as a car could be).

My 2001 Jeep Cherokee - A TIME BOMB!
By LKS on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV Classic 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have not had my car 3 years and I just had to replace the engine (3 days after a regular tune-up at the dealership). The car broke down on a highway 130 miles from home. So far I have paid 3K out of pocket for thsi incident. Chrysler paid for parts b/c they know they made a poor quality engine. To top it all off - 1 day after picking my car up from the dealer with the new engine - the car broke down again - and I had to have the radiator replaced. I have always done all of the suggested maintinence on the car and should not have had this trouble.

Great Car
By tinad on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV Classic 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving my Jeep. It accelerates smoothly and feels like a car on the open highway. The handling and performance is very good and the Classic style is very nice.