2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Horrible in Wet Weather
By Should'veBought4x4 on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have the 2WD model and it's UNSAFE on any kind of wet pavement - in snow, rain, or even if someon's watering their lawn. If the road is wet, I have to be VERY careful about applying the brakes or making a turn. It's too light in the back and fishtails even at very low speeds. Forget about driving it in any kind of snow/ice. I wish I'd bought the base 4x4 instead of the 2WD Limited, but living in Dallas I didn't think I'd use 4x4. It also has an annoyingly LOUD humming / vibration when idling in cold weather, and it's very noisy on the road.

Bye, Bye Jeep...
By 2Mack on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven jeeps for the past 5 years and have been pretty happy overall. If jeep had continued to manufacture the Cherokee Limited I probably would have continued to drive it. However, I did experience a number of recurring issues on both my Cherokee and SE models that proved extremely annoying.

patriot cherokee
By clay jeep on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have really enjoyed using my jeep for day to day driving as well as takeing trips.

Best Jeep Ever
By Sevilleized on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second car, the other being a Grand Cherokee. When the announced the last of the classic Cherokees, we headed out and bought a fully loaded Limited version to keep long term. This is our third Cherokee and we love this vehicle. It is powerful, fun to drive, rugged good looks, comfortable and it was the most vehicle for the money I have ever seen. It has never let us down and has had not one problem with anything. I have a few issues but overall, this last of the Cherokees was the best of them all. If you don't have to drive the most refined vehicle around, this Jeep's for you.

2001 Jeep Cherokee -- and excellent SUV
By thornton on 03/01/02 17:41 PM (PST)

2001 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

It's classical style combines with top notch performance for an excellent style. Peforms perfectly in any condition, from the interstate to blazing it's own trails across a mountain. The limited includes all the comforts you need for a classy vehicle, but retains all the capabilities that Jeep is renowned for. I'll be a Jeep owner for life!