Still going and going
By christopherM on
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD
This baby has never let me down. It even ran on little transmission fluid not once but twice. Two great stories. No major difficulties. I have kept the maintenance well and she has never let me down. Multiple trips from DC area to Buffalo in winter and no concerns. Great off road ability not like todays small SUV's (overgrown station wagons) A great reliable vehicle, I'm glad I get to keep it and am upset I have to get a commuter car to save on gas. New brakes at 52000 miles, now have over 117k and no problems, still has original shocks, which do need replaced by now. otherwise, it keeps going. wish new jeeps were this reliable bring back the 4.0 or the equivalent diesel.
Favorite Features
Can go through anything, small enough to cut through places these monsters now wish they could. Hummer who? classic styling, no major mechanical defects, did have an idlying problem that took some time to get it right, but otherwise no concerns. Can pull its weight with the big boys
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage. highway is not bad, but I live in hilly suburbs and need a different commuter car now that I'm over 100k and drive 37 miles each way to work.