Great for a Jeep
By tedmoseby on
2000 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD
I bought my previously leased Limited and have put about 60,000k on it since 2003. It's a very reliable car, but even fully loaded it's becoming a relic very quickly. I will probably run this thing to 300k just to see if I can(they say the I-6 is rated for 300k), but my wife just bought an '08 CR-V and she has about 50 more options on her vehicle than mine. Plus her v-4 engine feels more powerful than my I-6. I love the 4 wheel drive, it handles great in snow here in Colorado. The only problem is the back seat is not comfortable, and even fully loaded, there aren't a whole lot of amenities on this car. For a Cherokee though it's the best you can get, unless you want to pay 40k for a Grand.
Favorite Features
4 wheel drive, really the best reason to buy a Jeep. Handles excellent and the Limited edition has great options like fog lights, leather interior (good not great) and extra overhead storage for sun glasses and garage opener. Cruise control also standard. Better rims.
Suggested Improvements
I have had to replace the entire A/C system over the course of 2 years. Even with a great mechanic I know who got the parts cheaper than chain stores it set me back about $1,300. The back doors do not open all the way, something important when you have to put a car seat back there.