2000 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Could not be better!

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

Could not be better!
By Chris on

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought new in '00, this thing has needed NOTHING! I don't count wear items such as brakes, tires, batteries, etc. like many reviewers do. I decided to write a review because it just turned 200,000 miles today. No leaks, no burning oil, runs the same as new. The 4.0 is astounding. If you use a K&N air filter and Mobil 1 10w-30 synthetic oil, it'll get about 28 MPG on the highway. That's at 75 MPH with 3 people and luggage using 87 octane (regular) fuel! The ride is much improved with the Dunlop RVXT 235 75 15 tires instead of the horrible stock Goodyears. The last set of Dunlops went over 60K with even wear. I have ALL the power options and ALL work with no problems. It'll do about anything!

Favorite Features

Smooth 4 speed auto. Simplicity, reliability, power, capability, respect from other drivers, police, and mechanics, Easy to maintain and work on, TONS of aftermarket and MOPAR accessories/parts, EVERYTHING!

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back! Its revised version is still available in other countries. Clearly many people want it back here in the U.S. I'm buying a used one this week as a 2nd vehicle. I'd buy a new one if I could. Do you hear that DaimlerChrysler?