Used 2000 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
2000 Jeep Cherokee 4x4
By pweimar on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4dr SUV 4WD

Excellent utility. One of the few vehicles made in the US which can be relied upon to exceed 200,000 miles if regularly serviced. "Jeepers" refer to them as BABY TANKS!

Excellent value
By luke wilson on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had a great experience - this is my third jeep, and I'll get another after this one.

best car
By mmanos on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is excellent. It holds up well under adverse conditions and is a blast to drive. It's a great first car for anyone.

By LGH on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall, we're pretty happy with our Jeep. Here are a few items which needed to be improved on the model: (1) there was a piece of trim over the right rear windows which came off in a car wash; (2) there are no rear headrests for kids too big for baby/toddler seats; (3) the vehicle isn't as manueverable in tight spots as our '89 Bronco II (oddly enough).

Fun and dependable
By Pavil on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this vehicle. It is fun to drive and gets decent gas mileage for an SUV (19 mpg avg). It needed new brakes and rotors at about 60,000 miles but has been very dependable otherwise. It doesn't have all of the bells and whistles of the other SUVs, but its price reflects that. And when all is said and done, a dependable vehicle able to meet any driving situation is what Jeep owners are looking for.

This Jeep is tough
By Great Jeep on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

I have put this jeep through alot in the few months that ive owned it(car accident that almost totaled it) After that it came back better then before surprising to me. This vehicle has had new pads and the rotors turned once nothing to bad sinc i did it myself. Starts fine when the temp dips below 0. Very good vehicle.

Love my Jeep
By PastorEvan on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a great little vehicle for just getting around. So manuverable and agile in tight places. Old, but reliable 4WD system just goes in tough places. I can eat up those wannabe SUV's. Very powerful, but a bit thirsty engine. Lots of aftermarket things to enhance your jeep too. I'm gonna hang onto her for a long time.

It's a Chrysler
By Weston on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

It's cheap! But not cheap enough! I should have spent the extra 50$ a month and got a Blazer. Cool classic rugged styling, but, rough ride, BAD breaks, noisey,and below average overall quality. In and out for warranty work 7 times. Resale is very very bad,, can't find a dealership that wants another one sitting on their lot.

Tops in my book
By bjpoock on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4dr SUV 4WD

The Jeep Cherokee is easily one of the best vehicles ever built.

FANTASTIC VEHICLE
By Xar77 on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

We've had the Cherokee for 2 months and already have put 6k miles on it. Fantastic ride both on the road and off. Handles the Denver traffic with ease, takes on the Rocky Mountains too!!!