2000 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
A Great Car
By Jones555 on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee SE 4dr SUV 4WD

If you want a plush, smooth riding SUV, don't get a Cherokee. This is my 2nd Cherokee. They have been reliable, feel solid, (feels larger then it actually is) - well, compared to the newer and very big truck-like SUVs. Gas mileage: 17-19 in the suburbs,18-21 hwy. at about 65 too 70 mph. Feels smooth,and comfortable driving on good roads - you will feel bumps on poor roads - but considering I've ruined tires and shocks with previous cars on pot-holes, etc... I don't have to worry about that anymore. Ac/heat work great, with floor ducts to the back seat. ...and it's the classic Jeep look and feel that I want

Gotta Love My Jeep!
By AKDanica on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

My second Jeep purchase. I owned 2 Nissans (functional), 3 Dodges (constant problems). In 1998, I bought my 1st box-type Jeep & fell in love! Around town or a snow bank, my Jeep always comes through! Both Jeeps are far beyond any expectation I had on the Jeep lot. Negatives? Road noise. "Rough" ride. SUV gas mileage. Positives: a blast to drive! Handles well on cement or off. Takes brushes with death with style & keeps on ticking! My 2000 has endured Alaskan winters, fishing roadtrips, a fender bender, & a mud pit a Hummer/4x4 Ram couldn't help themselves out of.. I see myself in the Jeep Cherokee until I turn it over to my son's 1st vehicle in 10 years!

Will take you anywhere in style.
By gerico on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4dr SUV 4WD

M More trucklike than car. Great field of vision all around the car.No blindspots. The engine is strong &quick. Rear seats pop out for extra room. ore truck than carlike ride.

Great Jeep
By dio_19_80 on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4dr SUV 4WD

Great to drive and does every thing that we could ask for.

Poor Quality
By thegroup on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I have been very dissapointed with the 2000 Jeep I bought. It has had a lot of problems while under warranty and seems to be having problems since. As soon as I can break even on a trade in I'm getting rid of it.

Jeep Cherokee Sport
By TF on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

We enjoy our 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport. We use it on long road trips and enjoy the amount of passenger space and cargo space. We have a child and like the amount of space in the back seat and also the 4 doors, making it easier for him to enter and exit the vehicle. We also use our jeep off road and need the 4 wheel drive. Being a 4X4, this vehicle drives, handles, and rides great.

Sad to see it go...
By Danny Wong on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I never thought that I would be driving a Jeep. This XJ has been my daily driver, my street racer, and my savior in bad weather. For a 4.0, Inline-6, this Jeep performs like an SUV on steriods. After a year since I bought her, I have been installing performance modifications that have upgraded the power. Now my XJ really burns the pavement. Overall, I'm sad to see it go as I still believe DC made a horrible choice in discontinuing the XJ. Maybe someday, DC will have a change in heart and the XJ will come back with a revamped XJ for the future.

Average SUV
By spartan24 on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

This Jeep is what I consider an average SUV. It is definitely not carlike. It is great off-road and in the snow. It's not so great for stop and go traffic or higher freeway speeds. The ride tends to be rough around town, but it's pretty smooth on a good highway. The engine has great power but sucks way too much gas for it's size. The styling is better than most SUV's out there. The interior is smaller than it would seem by looking at it from the outside. There are rattles here and there, especially from the transfer case shifter, and the exhaust can be a little loud at times. Overall, this jeep has some good features and some bad. It's average.

Real SUV
By appltech on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my Cherokee with 42000 miles on it. except for few minor annoyances such as transfer case lever that vibrates now and again, an exaust system that vibrates a little on start up on cold days and a minor recall this vehicle has been very reliable. This is the real deal, not a car with 4WD so expect more of truck like experience. I wish jeep had up dated the cherokee in the same vein as the Grand Cherokee; by keeping the solid front axle etc.

Jeep Cherokee Rocks!
By jwilsonprice on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this SUV when we moved into a neighborhood in New Hampshire where the roads were unpaved and the 1/2 mile of road to our new house rutty, muddy, and not maintained by our town. This Jeep has performed beautifully in the multiple ice and snowstorms we have had and has done nicely in getting me out of the driveway when a foot of snow was still on the ground. I absolutely love the style of the Cherokee and do love the way it handles. I am so sad they have discontinued it!