2000 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Someone convince Jeep to Bring it Back!
By drmmrboy74 on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

This was my first and only Jeep. Although it was a lease, I did go off road a few times and was greatly impressed of it's abilities. Besides being reliable to and from work (a blast in the Mich. Winters), I also used it to lug around a fairly large drum set. The "Fern Green" never became a boring color either. Over- all, this was the best vehicle I've ever owned!

My Tow vehicle
By dwight on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr SUV

I originally purchased this vehicle as a tow vehicle behind my motorhome. During the past year I have towed it from Florida to California and back. Of course it does not ride like a big sedan, but it sure is handy for exploring the various areas when we are camping. Mine is a four cylinder model with a standard transmission. Have had no problems. It is very dependable and easy to drive and park.

i love my jeep
By sid1103 on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my jeep. Its great. I haven't had any problems with it at all

Nice to look at, but...
By mbsoul33 on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Mine is a newer truck, but needs too much repair and the build quality is not that good. Can only gets parts from Mopar.

Rock solid and built to last
By RickE-berg on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Solid axles. Lots of ground clearance. Leading link front suspension. Low range locking transfer case. A true SUV with the emphasis on the "U". If you need to get to point B from A, any time, any weather, any conditions, and bring some cargo or passengers with you, there's no better vehicle on the planet. Sure, it's not as quiet or smooth as the cutesy Jap offerings. But head for the hills, ruts, rocks, snow, etc., and see who gets there first (if they make it at all!)

Chrysler and Ferman Sucks
By FermanBAD on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee SE 4dr SUV

When I purchased the Jeep it had bad rust on the under carriage pitted metal on frame, muffler, steering arms, etc... cause by exposure to salt, on a brand NEW Vehicle! The Dealer and Chrysler refused to do anything about it, stating that it was an acceptable amount - Not for me or anyone I showed it to.

my cherokee sport
By gspanet on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

a great all around vehicle for hauling groceries, pets, kids, etc. Could be larger for interior comfort.

Jeep loyalist
By fastpete on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my 3rd Jeep in 4 years. My parents got a 96 Grand Cherokee Ltd. I fell in love and got a 94 GC Loredo v8. Loved it but bills forced me to sell it. I then got a 94 GC Ltd v8. It drove like a Caddy 4 wheeling. I got talked into a 2000 Cherokee Sport at the dealership. This was the best Jeep yet. 4x4 is way better than the Grands. The only thing I have to complain about is lack of leg room, and no cruise control on my model. Otherwise I recomend to any seriouse 4x4 buyer.

THE THRILL OF IT ALL
By HONEY on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

FIRST TIME JEEP OWNER ALONG WITH TOYOTA COROLLA.LOVE MY JEEP AS MUCH AS I LOVE MY TOYOTA.ITS MORE TRUCK THAN CAR SO RIDE IS ROUGH IN TOWN BUT GREAT ON A TRIP.FOR MORE THEN TWO PEOPLE ITS A LITTLE CRAMPY.IT HAS ALOT OF ROAD NOISE,TENDS TO SLIDE IF WET OUT,GAS MILEAGE NOT VERY GOOD...BETTER GAS MILEAGE WITH MOPAR OIL FILTER..WANTED DEPENDABILITY FOR EARLY MORNING WORK HOURS AND IT HAS NOT LET ME DOWN,ESP IN DEEP SNOW.WISH SPARE TIRE WAS NOT IN CARGO SPACE.HAVE HAD IT A YEAR NOW WITH NO PROBLEMS.CASSETTE PLAYER WORKS GREAT.WITH PROPER MAINTENANCE MY JEEP SHOULD OUTLIVE ME.!!

nice jeep
By cwnaaa on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

This jeep is excellent for off road and climbing over 15inch rocks and then going down highway nice ride just the right automoble for living in New England. the anly thing is if you use reg. gas it get about 15 miles to a gallon if you put in super you get about 20 mpg. so I send a little more but get 30%better gas mileage