2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Jeep 6 month review
By DMBstang21 on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Had a 94' Mustang and wanted an opposite vehicle to compare it with. This is it, exactly; with the exception of power being comprable (the jeep feels as fast as the v6 mustang) and them consuming about the same amount of gas (18-20MPG). I can help my friends move, tow small loads, pass on the grass, take all the short cuts I can find, not slow down to 1MPH everytime I see a bump, and park where ever I please. Try doing that in a 2door sports car with z-rated tires. This is not your typical SUV, this is not a living room on wheels. It is similar in size to an Escape or CRV and remains true to its herratage of off-road capable vehicles.

ndiw
By Oumar on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

didn't like it until I start driving it. It's very stable and powerful. Driving it gives me a lot of confidence, it feels like the strongest flexible car to drive

Excellent buy
By Sanju on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV SE 4dr SUV

I am glad I got this jeep. Its a 4D,2W drive, just needed it for regular use in city. After 4 years, Still Gives 22 m/g on highways. Very confortable to drive. Haven`t spent a $ for repairs yet, except regular oil change & maintenance. Drive one to have fun, a classic.

dont buy a jeep
By bonny on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV

Loud noisy engine. Uncomfortable rough bumpy ride. VERY VERY VERY bad brakes for all jeeps, ROTORS are all made inferior as per factory rep.

Jeep is a rock, exept for the brakes
By iguana on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

its been a great experience with my jeep i've only had it a few months and i cant beleave how many miles i've put on it. I just cant seem to stop driving it. I'm still getting used to the fact that its a jeep and can handle things i know i try to baby it to much. as far as bad things the brakes. but i knew that going into this adventour.

Rotors, A/C and Noises
By R.W.L. on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

The rotor/pads for the front disk breaks suck! My first replacements were at 23k! I had to call Daimler/Chrysler in Detroit to get them replaced "under warranty". Though I finally had them replaced at 23k; they'd been bad since 16.5k! Did I mention that the brakes were shot again at 42k? The A/C compressor has also gone out twice and, let's not forget all of the "cold interior" noises that I've been living with. I cannot recommend it as an "every day commuter/family vehicle.

don't buy a cherokee
By dynamite44 on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

i have a 2000 jeep cherokee sport. it had been a "demo car". In the first 30,000 miles, i had it towed twice, had the drive shaft fall out at a stoplight, had all the power windows and locks go at the same time, all the gauges replaced, the entire fuel system replaced (except 4 fuel injectors, the gas tank itself, and the fuel rail), front axle replaced, transfer case rebuilt twice, transfer case linkage replaced 3 times, and the rear axle rebuilt...

2000 Cherokee Sport in VA
By markp on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV

This is a great suv. With so many others coming out. The Jeep is the only choice for me. As an owner I know that I can get in and out of ski areas, camp sites, beach and anywhere else for that matter with no problem. I know that no matter what my JEEP is there and will deliver. Just as they were when they came out. I will always have a JEEP.

Was sure, but now not so sure...
By bigskyguy1976 on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I fell in love with this vehicle years ago and thought I should buy one before the Liberty took them away. Test drove several (Limited only) and initialy loved it. I located one online and drove 400 miles to get it. Wish I hadn't now. Purchesed with 32,000 miles. Rotors have gone bad, engine is underpowered, 4x4 doesn't engage, electric defrosts died and there is a very un-nerving clunk in the rear upon deceleration/ braking. Oh, the leather interior is very cheap!

Jeep Cherokee
By jaydub on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Very good performance. Interior comfort is questionable with a tall driver. The jeep is also very sensitive to what type of fuel is used. Off road performance is average at best when compared to other domestic 4x4s. Off road performance is poor when compared to import suvs.