2000 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Tough Old Bird
By MBoone on 08/12/08 17:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

Small enough to fit into any parking spot, yet big enough to tear up any trail. The Cherokee is tougher and more reliable than any vehicle I have owned. Looks good, drives even better.

2000 Cherokee Classic in Chile
By Costabal Sebastian on 04/23/08 07:56 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4dr SUV 4WD

With my family we like to be able to leave the weekends, to be in contact with the nature, our Cherokee has occurred excellent experiences and we have been able to arrive with the practically to any place, it is comfortable, perhaps the consumption is high, but he has a very reliable and powerful motor. And we feel very sure in the one it is a solid vehicle.

Gonna Miss My Cherokee Sport
By Jo on 04/22/08 18:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the best car I've ever had. I bought it 5 yrs ago with 55,000 miles. It was hit 3 times in the front & passenger area. It survived 2 fender benders and finally was struck by a deer a few days ago. The deer killed it. Insurance adjuster said the only reason its totaled is the high mileage, 169,000, made it less in value. Only repair was the oxygen sensor 3 yrs ago. I loved my Jeep, May it rest in peace. I truly will miss you. P.S. I'm shopping for another Jeep =0)

2000 Jeep Cherokee
By saxd45 on 03/31/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a great little run around vehicle. Built like a tank. Almost 10 years old and we still can take it to the club without "shame" Seats fold down & we can haul a ton of stuff.

Love
By paradisecity on 02/25/08 20:42 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

My dad bought this Jeep new in 2000, and loved it. After a few years, the poor baby had to sit for a while so he could drive something that got better gas mileage! I got this awesome vehicle on my birthday 2 years ago. I love it to death, it can do anything! Off road, on road, hauling stuff, this thing is a tank! I would never trade it unless it dies on me....hopefully never. 4LO is a ingenius invention, you never get stuck with that kicked in! And you can pretty much pull anyone and anything out from mud/snow, etc. Currently running with 99318 miles. New brakes after getting her running again after sitting, and new Firestone Destination All Terrrain tires.

Great for a Jeep
By tedmoseby on 02/10/08 01:36 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my previously leased Limited and have put about 60,000k on it since 2003. It's a very reliable car, but even fully loaded it's becoming a relic very quickly. I will probably run this thing to 300k just to see if I can(they say the I-6 is rated for 300k), but my wife just bought an '08 CR-V and she has about 50 more options on her vehicle than mine. Plus her v-4 engine feels more powerful than my I-6. I love the 4 wheel drive, it handles great in snow here in Colorado. The only problem is the back seat is not comfortable, and even fully loaded, there aren't a whole lot of amenities on this car. For a Cherokee though it's the best you can get, unless you want to pay 40k for a Grand.

Starting to dim at 90K
By Bob V. on 08/13/07 19:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

I have really been pleased with it. However, at 90K the rear differential has got noisy (an $1800. repair if you don't like noise). This Jeep eats brakes like french fries. I'm on my 5th set. The AC controls are breaking down also. I was hoping for 125K, before retiring it, but I'm wondering what's next. I paid 17K new. No absolute major repairs.

Off road Jeep that can handle the city
By Jeepin on 08/02/07 07:06 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Ok to start off this is my second Jeep Cherokee as I hydolocked my last one, oops. I had to buy the Cherokee again as I am very impressed with its ability to handle difficult off-road situations without mechanical failure, a very reasuring feeling. The 6-cyl has the power on the road and on the trail. 4x4 is great in deep snow, sand and steep trail riding. I wish they would put the Cherokee back in production. I modified my Jeep to include a snorkel for deep water protection and performance, pretty sweet mod. Added Grill guard, wrench, skid plates, lift kit, serious roof rack. Solar power to keep battery tip-top, Hella Fog lights, air compressor, in dash GPS, laptop mount I love my Jeep!

Great Jeep
By Relentless on 07/28/07 21:49 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I have a 2000 4dr 4x4 I bought used with 33,000 miles on it in 2003. This thing has been mechanically rock solid. It's getting older and my cruise control went out on me. But that is the only real problem I've had and I'm about ready to turn 90,000 miles of daily driver torture on this thing. Parts are super cheap and plentiful. Easy to work on. I still like driving this thing, and I look forward to snowy days. If I ever sell it I know I will miss it.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Jill on 06/23/07 11:55 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been the best vehicle I've owned. Although it has been in the shop a few times (it's a Jeep) it's still going. It gets me where I need to go when and how I need to get there. As a jeep that is stock, it outperforms some of its competitors in the off-roading department. My brother also has one. He has a great photo of his jeep pulling a Ford 4x4 (with all the extra add-ons for four- wheeling) out of the mud. If you're looking for an SUV that can haul, tow, drive through snow and mud w/o any difficulties, Jeep is the one! One more thing. When the back seat is folded flat, I can fit a dining room set with six chairs and the table. Tons of room!