Used 2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Jeep 6 month review
By DMBstang21

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Had a 94' Mustang and wanted an opposite vehicle to compare it with. This is it, exactly; with the exception of power being comprable (the jeep feels as fast as the v6 mustang) and them consuming about the same amount of gas (18-20MPG). I can help my friends move, tow small loads, pass on the grass, take all the short cuts I can find, not slow down to 1MPH everytime I see a bump, and park where ever I please. Try doing that in a 2door sports car with z-rated tires. This is not your typical SUV, this is not a living room on wheels. It is similar in size to an Escape or CRV and remains true to its herratage of off-road capable vehicles.

Favorite Features

The 4 wheel drive system is better than my dreams. You can't get this thing stuck! I've tryed in OH, PN, CT snow, mud, and ditches. The legendary 4.0L I6 is more than enough power for most applications.

Suggested Improvements

um... how about factory 3" lift and 31" tires, CB radio and antenna, and an array of KC trail lights. Yee Ha!

ndiw
By Oumar

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

didn't like it until I start driving it. It's very stable and powerful. Driving it gives me a lot of confidence, it feels like the strongest flexible car to drive

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

must improve the comfort including interior dashboard, shocks system to make more fun to driving on a regular basis.

Excellent buy
By Sanju

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV SE 4dr SUV

I am glad I got this jeep. Its a 4D,2W drive, just needed it for regular use in city. After 4 years, Still Gives 22 m/g on highways. Very confortable to drive. Haven`t spent a $ for repairs yet, except regular oil change & maintenance. Drive one to have fun, a classic.

Favorite Features

preserve yours & do not sell. A body style still unmatched.

Suggested Improvements

None, since not produced any more

dont buy a jeep
By bonny

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV

Loud noisy engine. Uncomfortable rough bumpy ride. VERY VERY VERY bad brakes for all jeeps, ROTORS are all made inferior as per factory rep.

Favorite Features

4-wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

do not buy a jeep, expensive American junk.

Jeep is a rock, exept for the brakes
By iguana

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

its been a great experience with my jeep i've only had it a few months and i cant beleave how many miles i've put on it. I just cant seem to stop driving it. I'm still getting used to the fact that its a jeep and can handle things i know i try to baby it to much. as far as bad things the brakes. but i knew that going into this adventour.

Favorite Features

it loves snowey\rain stricken roads almost better than paved ones.

Suggested Improvements

keyless entry is way week, brakes,