Used 2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Great Ride!
By craig

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had my Cherokee for almost 2 years and have not had a problem with it. I bought mine used with 34K and now have almost 70K and it runs like a charm. Within a year I had to put new tires and shocks. Aside from that, I have not had any issues. Its fast, handles rather well, gets prety good gas milage and isj ust a workhorse.

4.0 liter engine.

No leg room in back
By Yingo

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Adults will find their knees pressed against the back of the front seat, even shorties like me (5'3"). The front seat does not move back very far and my 6' brother felt cramped in it and his head brushed the headliner. The back seats are VERY difficult for an adult to get out of due to the very small door opening. Not the right car for anyone with any type of leg or knee restriction or injury.

Turns great tight corners, very dependable and a nice looking car.

More leg space both front and back, a bigger door opening in back and more headroom.

MY RED BABY!
By jeepdate

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Classic 4dr SUV

I love this JEEP. Have owned it for going on 5 years now. Bought it with 27k miles on it, and have never ONCE not ONCE had it in the shop. It is built to drive. It is built for hauling (hauled my bass boat with it), and it is built to last. We have to sell it soon to accommodate our growing family, and I am just bummed that Jeep has decided not to make the Cherokee Classic style anymore. If you get a chance to buy one - DO IT!

Body style, pick up and go, tow ability, tough lil' SUV.

Bring back this body style!

A Real SUV...
By LJK4

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my first Jeep and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another one. The 4.0L is a torque monster that pulls better than any other compact SUV I've ever driven. The Command-Trac 4wd system works flawlessly and allows this Jeep to go almost anywhere. Snow isn't a problem, just point where you want to go and hit the gas. I'm 6'4" and drive in a very upright position and I've got enough headroom so that I'm not ducking while I drive. As far as brakes go I personally haven't had any problems with them at all. There are a couple of real minor flaws inside. The transfer case lever does vibrate as does the exhaust system but these are minor flaws. Overall the Cherokee is a real SUV not a cute-ute.

Torque monster. 4.0L. Excellent on and off road ability. Solid front and rear axles. An excellent comprimise between overall size and cargo space. Awe inspiring four wheel drive ability. Tons of aftermarket accesories. Lots of Jeep clubs

No longer made. As for used ones there are tons of aftermarket parts out there for 'em.

Great SUV for the money
By Mark Bishop

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the first Jeep I have ever owned and I plan on keeping it for a long time. It has plenty of power to pull my boat around through the hills and the gas mileage is a respectable 20 MPG on the interstate. I am 6 foot tall and the seat and ride are very comfortable compared to some other SUV's I've been in. This is a good driving 4X4 for the money, too bad they quit making them.

I like the overall styling and the ride is relatively soft and comfortable on the highway. You also can't beat the 4.0 L in line 6 cylinder engine for power and reliablility. The Shift on the fly has also come in handy a few times.

I wish it had cruise control and the display for temperature and direction. I also got rid of the stock steel rims as soon as possible; they made the vehicle look cheep.