Used 2000 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Great Jeep
By Great Jeep

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Have had my Jeep for 10,000 miles so far. So far It has just needed routine oil changes, a battery, and some tires for the winter. Very reliable and dependable vehicle. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable SUV. It gets decent fuel economy; probably get around 320 miles on a tank of gas.

I love the classic body style. It has nice acceleration rides nice, very reliable. Decent interior room. 4X4 capability. Would highly recommend this truck to anyone.

Wish the back glass could open by itself so you can haul long stuff more easily. Cancel the Liberty and put the Cherokee back into production. Keep real chrome metal bumpers on cars and trucks instead of cheap plastic ones. Plastic door handles. Should've kept the chrome ones as seen on earlier models.

Why did Jeep Discontinue the Cherokee?
By Shaun07

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Jeep in 2003 as a used vehicle. It had 75,000 miles on it which is a lot for only being 3 years old. Since I've had it nothing major has gone wrong with the exception of the right front brake caliper locking against the rotor. Everything that has gone wrong with it before that happened when it was still under warranty.

4.0 I6 motor is probably the best motor Jeep has ever offered...it's nearly bullet proof if you take care of it.

Not much you can do about it now. But if something had to be changed it would be the size of the stock tires. the 225/75/R15's are just too small to do any minor off-roading.

I love my Jeep!
By amylee85

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

I bought my Cherokee used with 25,000 miles on it and have had no problems. I put around 90 miles on it per day so it gets a lot of use. It is extremely reliable and fun to drive, not too big & not too small.

The a/c is the best I've ever experienced.

The back seat could have been made more comfortable with headrests. It is not a could road trip vehicle if adults are going to be riding in the back seat (no place to rest your head.)

bestjeep
By texjeep

2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4dr SUV 4WD

What a great Jeep! More than I ever expected. I wish I could buy nather one just like it brand new. Never had it in the shop for a repair. Other than 4 wheel drive all the time, no complaints.

I like the acceleration. roomy. Fun to drive.

Jeep needs to make this vehicle again.

Takes a licking and keeps on ticking
By dave#1

2000 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Had her for 2 years. Picked it up used with 27K. Have only had 1 major repair bill for major 4WD repairs, something about induction. The car has pick-up on the highway (up to 85/90 mph). Took it up to Vermont all winter to hit the mountains, I only had trouble on ice/snow once or twice during a white out. I love it. Reliable to the bone.

4WD rules. Good speakers. Prefer body to the new liberty (boooo).

The bucket seats are not so hot.