Used 2000 Jeep Cherokee Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Was sure, but now not so sure...
By bigskyguy1976

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I fell in love with this vehicle years ago and thought I should buy one before the Liberty took them away. Test drove several (Limited only) and initialy loved it. I located one online and drove 400 miles to get it. Wish I hadn't now. Purchesed with 32,000 miles. Rotors have gone bad, engine is underpowered, 4x4 doesn't engage, electric defrosts died and there is a very un-nerving clunk in the rear upon deceleration/ braking. Oh, the leather interior is very cheap!

Favorite Features

I love the slab-side body...that's about it

Suggested Improvements

Quieter engine and more power. Low end is great but high end HP is lacking severely. It constently hunts for gears on the freeway. More robust 4x4 engagement linkage and of course the ever-troublesome rotors!!!!!!!

Jeep is Great!
By Matt

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

I was throughly impressed with the Jeep Cherokee. I drive it all the time and it rides so well. I recommend getting the upgraded suspension cause it makes a difference in the ride. It has plenty of power and room. I am glad i got this and not the Jeep Liberty. Liberty was way too small, seems like they are making all cars smaller.

Favorite Features

It has great 4 wheel drive and is very reliable. I also like the way the seats are made, they are very comfortable on long rides.

Suggested Improvements

Should make more leg room and redesing the exterior to a new style and not loose the room.