Used 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

My Tow vehicle
By dwight

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr SUV

I originally purchased this vehicle as a tow vehicle behind my motorhome. During the past year I have towed it from Florida to California and back. Of course it does not ride like a big sedan, but it sure is handy for exploring the various areas when we are camping. Mine is a four cylinder model with a standard transmission. Have had no problems. It is very dependable and easy to drive and park.

Ease of towing, ease of parking and plenty of ground clearance.

I wish I had the 6 cylinder, as climbing some of the mountain roads with the A/c on is quite a task for the 4 cylinder. Also it needs a locking gas filler door.

Excellent SUV
By British Bernie

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr SUV

I love my Jeep Cherokee. It's an excellent SUV! It is primarily used as a company car, but it gives me great pleasure for weekend use. I would rate this vehicle as one of the most practical SUV's in its price range.

It's sporty looks.

No improvements are necessary.

RETHINK YOUR PURCHASE
By DUKE

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr SUV

Hind-sight is always 20/20 and I really wish we would have listened to the advise of others. Our Jeep has been towed so many times to the dealer for various problems, it's a shame we don't get frequent flyer miles! I could list a whole variety of problems, but if replacing a transmission at 31K miles doesn't tell you everything, please contact me and I would be very willing to sell my Jeep to you!

4.0L engine

3 year/36K is too short of a warranty. I think a manufacturer should stand behind its product and offer at least 5 year/50K