2000 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Best Vehicle EVER!!!
By avhowe on 10/12/11 12:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 7 years ago and loved it! It took me everywhere and could do about anything. Ride was a bit rough, but that's a Jeep. Last month I was hit in the rear by an Expedition doing 60 mph. I made it through the accident with only a mild concussion, unfortunately, my Jeep did not make it. It was still going strong with 161,000 miles on it. I miss driving it everyday. I am now out looking for a new Jeep, but only go with used because I want the 4.0L I6 motor!!

Old Faithful
By ScottR on 02/12/10 11:47 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I got my Cherokee brand new in 2000, and upgraded to a Wrangler in 2008, 120K miles later. I still have the old Jeep and use it for Home Depot runs and driving in the snow when my wife is using the Wrangler. I beat the heck out of it in the first few years, and honestly didn't maintain it too well. But it's a workhorse; except for brakes, tires, fluids and filters, it still has 100% original parts, has never left me stranded and to this day the engine starts right up on the hottest and coldest days, and the drive train still performs like new. Those I-6 engines have to be the best-built engines around -- I wish they still put them in the Wranglers.

Love my Jeep
By Steve E on 01/24/10 13:59 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

128,000 miles and still kicking. I love my Jeep Cherokee. I hang on to it because there is nothing out there I want to replace it with. It is the perfect size, great motor, great 4WD system w/ part time/ full time and a simple vehicle. In deep mud and snow I still haven't gotten stuck. I wish Jeep would bring this one back into production. Get back to basics!

ONE TUFF JEEP
By ONE TUFF JEEP on 12/13/09 23:50 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned my jeep for about 8 years. I've had no major problems to deal with since. I've got mine hooked-up for off-road(4" lift w/32's and some bolt-on engine mods) its literally a beast on wheels. I can get through anything I want. I pass 50k$ SUV's going up the slickest of roads on my ski trips. I highly recommend to any one looking for an affordable off road vehicle. Gas-mileage stinks--- 13mpg combined, but its been very good to me, plus its paid off...

Loved it up to the moment it got totaled
By Ron Carter on 09/24/09 21:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Love my Jeep. Bought 2 in a row and love the first one as well. Never a problem, you can't kill that 4.0 motor. Wish they would bring it back. Easy to drive on the long haul or around town. Towed my boat and camper across many states and loved every minute of it. The back seat legroom area was getting a little small for my 5-10 boys. Other than that, we love the ole' jeep. It got totaled , I mean really totaled but, if it weren't for the Jeep, I may not have walked away from the accident.

I love my jeep
By jeepin on 05/01/09 12:36 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this jeep, I’ve had mine for almost 10 years now and it’s the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. It just a great all around little truck, it does it all from hauling 2X4’s to plowing through snow to a drive to the market. Besides regular maintenance and a bad sensor many years ago I’ve never put a dime into her. Starts every morning, never broke down on me. I’ve driven the grand Cherokee and the difference is unbelievable, my jeep feels so much studier and gripped to the road. I can go on and on, there is a reason they made this style jeep for almost 30 years, it’s just that good.

I miss my Jeep
By Johnny on 05/01/09 11:39 AM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Toughest and most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, foreign or domestic. Had to sell it at 150,000 miles so I could get my wife a new vehicle, but it was still going strong. Tough, reliable and simple.

good until 100K
By sugarplum on 01/25/09 16:18 PM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my Jeep Cherokee 6 years ago with 73,000 miles on it. I loved the way I could go anywhere on/off road. I had no problems until she hit 100,000 miles. My A/C stopped working after many trips to the auto shop I gave up on having A/C. Then my heater quit working! I have gone through 2 rad.'s in 2 years, blew a head once and still to this day have no heat and A/C. I don't think my problems have anything to do with the build I, think whoever had her before me didn't take care of her.

AWESOME SUV
By JEEPSTER on 11/07/08 10:03 AM (PST)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

These jeeps are great for everything and any road condition. Not too big and not to small. Just the right amount of storage and room. My Jeep drives great, and it's fun. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I wish they still made them.

Gonna Miss My Cherokee Sport
By Jo on 04/22/08 18:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the best car I've ever had. I bought it 5 yrs ago with 55,000 miles. It was hit 3 times in the front & passenger area. It survived 2 fender benders and finally was struck by a deer a few days ago. The deer killed it. Insurance adjuster said the only reason its totaled is the high mileage, 169,000, made it less in value. Only repair was the oxygen sensor 3 yrs ago. I loved my Jeep, May it rest in peace. I truly will miss you. P.S. I'm shopping for another Jeep =0)