Unstoppable
By 0wn on
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD
I bought my Cherokee from a salvage yard after it was hit on the front left wheel, ran into a pole or stoplight, and then flipped on its side. After that much abuse, I didn't expect it to start, much less be drivable. But amazingly, all it took was a new battery to get the Jeep started. I had a mechanic shop replace most of the steering system (the impact to the wheel bent a few parts), and then I replaced the panels that were damaged. It's quite amazing that I could pull the Jeep's exterior apart using simple hand tools and I was even able to salvage some the bent pieces. After repairing it, I never had any trouble. The engine will start in zero temperature and never causes problems.
Favorite Features
Incredibly resilient, they don't build SUVs like this anymore. And the interior is also reasonably comfortable, I don't notice any problems with rough ride. It can haul as much as you need with the seats down, and over any terrain. Highly recommended.
Suggested Improvements
Ive had some wiring problems with the windows, but it's a fairly easy fix. Vehicle is tall, so be carefull making tight turns at speed (but its not as bad as most other SUVs).